Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Getting Really Sluggish lately

Best Answer jimmie57 , 20 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

Try this to see if it works for you. Several have reported back that it helped with their problem a lot.

Menu, Search & Browse, type in  CLEARMYBOX , choose Keyword and let it do it's thing.

This is similar to doing a reset and as soon as programming comes to the screen doing reset again. It seems to be doing more than that but we do not have any concrete evidence of just how it is working.

This will NOT delete your favorites, series links, recordings, etc.

It takes about a minute longer than doing a reset. Then give it 48 hours for all the Guide data and graphics to come back onto the receiver.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

I've had an HR34 for a year now. In the past month or two, it has gotten very sluggish in responding to the remote. I hit 30 sec skip, then again, then it stops responding. It just keeps playing. After 20-30 seconds, the progress bar pops up and I get control back. I can be scrolling in the guide, the I get stuck for another 20-30 seconds.

I've cleared the NVRAM several times, rebooted, even changed the remote batteries. It still happens.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:36 AM   Best Answer

Try this to see if it works for you. Several have reported back that it helped with their problem a lot.

Menu, Search & Browse, type in  CLEARMYBOX , choose Keyword and let it do it's thing.

This is similar to doing a reset and as soon as programming comes to the screen doing reset again. It seems to be doing more than that but we do not have any concrete evidence of just how it is working.

It takes about a minute longer than doing a reset. Then give it 48 hours for all the Guide data and graphics to come back onto the receiver.

• islesfan likes this

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

It's a widely reported problem with the latest software release. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• islesfan likes this

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

It's a widely reported problem with the latest software release. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Agreed

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, that solved my HR34 problem!  Unfortunately, my GenieGo now shows "no recorded programs," but hopefully that will resolve itself soon.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#6 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

....And then it would get sluggish again, as resets or reboots whatever you want to call it,  Only work temporarly

Me personally I would try to get the HR44 and return the HR34,  

it's no different than older DVR's when it comes to "temporary fixes".

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#7 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

....And then it would get sluggish again, as resets or reboots whatever you want to call it,  Only work temporarly

Me personally I would try to get the HR44 and return the HR34,  

it's no different than older DVR's when it comes to "temporary fixes".

Unfortunately, you don't get to choose your DVRs, so I can't return the HR34 and seek an HR44, as I am just as likely to simply get another HR34 in return.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunately, you don't get to choose your DVRs, so I can't return the HR34 and seek an HR44, as I am just as likely to simply get another HR34 in return.

If DirecTV® drop ships replacement, then you are most likely to get an HR34, if DirecTV® installers delivers you are most likely to get and HR44

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...