Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions about Dish

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brandnewfan

brandnewfan

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

I don't currently subscribe to any cable/satellite service (my last service was directv) and I was thinking of going with Dish. I'm not sure yet because I'm using Netflix and streaming everything now but for the right deal I might sign up.

I see new customers get HBO and Showtime free for three months. Are they able to budge at all on this, to say six months? Or are they able to offer anything more than their initial promotions for new customers? Like even cheaper deals? I'm just not sure if I want to sign up with a tv service again, so obviously the sweeter the deal, the more likely I'll agree to a contract. Anyone have experience with negotiating even during the initial sign up?

Does Dish have MLB extra innings?

Anyone that has had both directv and Dish, are there any big differences between them? The channel selection looks mostly the same.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The_Anomaly

The_Anomaly

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

The channel selection is pretty much the same. Dish does not have MLB Extra Innings. I don't know about talking them down in price when signing up, can't hurt to try.

The last time I priced it out Dish was a little bit less expensive than Direct.

#3 OFFLINE   brandnewfan

brandnewfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking...directv used to have a "refer a friend" thing where if someone referred you, both of you got $10 off your bill for a year. Is there anything like that? My grandmother is on a tight budget and has Dish and I would love to be able to get her a discount.

I feel like I'm being cheap by looking for discounts everywhere...but I'm not really desperate for having tv back, I'd really only do it if it works for me financially.

Edited by brandnewfan, 20 July 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Yes Dish has a refer a friend program. You get $50 off your first bill and the person that refers you gets $5 off their bill for 10 months. Have your grandmother call Dish and request that they send her one if she doesn't already have some around the house (Dish tends to send them to their customers in the mail every so often).

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...