Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie pauses during live and playback

Genie Pause

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Anybody else having an issue where the picture and audio freezes for a few seconds and then resumes?  Its happening in playback of recorded shows and also during live tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Anybody else having an issue where the picture and audio freezes for a few seconds and then resumes?  Its happening in playback of recorded shows and also during live tv.

This happened a lot to me in the last month but only on World Cup soccer games on ESPN.  I rebooted my router and did that CLEARMYBOX search and that seemed to help but I haven't watched ESPN since the last game they showed a couple of weeks ago.

#3 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

Happened to me last several nights watching the Royals almost live on 671-5.  Have not done another CLEARMYBOX since the last one I did several weeks ago. 

HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#4 OFFLINE   Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Contacted DTV Customer service Sunday after more issues have come up.  Box is completely unresponsive sometimes, and when it is reset, lots of disk errors.  I was told by DTV that they would push a software update to me within 72 hours.  In the meantime its almost impossible to watch live TV or recordings.  It constantly freezes up and remote is unresponsive.  This morning after trying to red button reset it came up with over 20k disk errors.  If its not solved by tomorrow they should be giving me a new box.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Contacted DTV Customer service Sunday after more issues have come up.  Box is completely unresponsive sometimes, and when it is reset, lots of disk errors.  I was told by DTV that they would push a software update to me within 72 hours.  In the meantime its almost impossible to watch live TV or recordings.  It constantly freezes up and remote is unresponsive.  This morning after trying to red button reset it came up with over 20k disk errors.  If its not solved by tomorrow they should be giving me a new box.

Any errors on the hard drive is an indication that it is going "south" and HDD generally don't get better over time.  There is no software that can fix an unhealthy drive.  I would be on the phone just about now requesting a replacement ASAP!

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

It was doing better this morning.  Only froze up on me a couple of times.  If its not fixed by tonight when I get home from work I will be on the phone requesting a new box.  Question is, will I get a new HR44 or will I get a HR34 again?

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

If its not fixed by tonight when I get home from work I will be on the phone requesting a new box.  

As I said, hard rives do not auto heal themselves.  It is only going to get worse.  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Question is, will I get a new HR44 or will I get a HR34 again?

If you have a 34, most likely you will get a 34.  If you have a 44 you most likely will get a 44

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

After HR34 had same issues this evening, I called DTV and a CSR was quick to get an order together for a replacement box.  And they asked that I send the old box back to them to examine.  3 Business days.  Hope its a newer model!

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hope its a newer model!

Best to give up hope to avoid disappointment later...

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genie, Pause

Protected By... spam firewall...And...