Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Western satellites...?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Which ones do we as customers receive from? or are they the same? I just got a meter and want to be sure of what I'm doing....

DishPro                110W

DishPro                119W

BR Dishnetwork   129W

BR DishNetwork   110W

BL DishNetWork   119W

Thank you and
Best of luck

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,049 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

119 - main

110 - addition

129 - HD mostly

See Uplink reports where is your channels

#3 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Ok, any difference between, Pro, BR and BL? Sorry I'm not getting it?

Thank you and
Best of luck

#4 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,049 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

me too :)

perhaps URL to the strange acronyms ?

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,227 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

As an HD customer on western arc you need all three locations ... 119, 110 and 129.
If you are a SD customer 129 is less important.

If you have a good Internet connection try this page:
http://uplink.jamesl...westernarc.html

It lists all of the channels on western arc by orbital location ... a huge file (1.5 GB) that includes local channels.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

As an HD customer on western arc you need all three locations ... 119, 110 and 129.
If you are a SD customer 129 is less important.

I have HD, and when the Dish installers have realigned my dish they always use 119 as the target satellite. So what's the differece between 

BL DishNetWork  119W and DishPro 119W.....?

Thank you and
Best of luck

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,227 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

I have HD, and when the Dish installers have realigned my dish they always use 119 as the target satellite. So what's the differece between BL DishNetWork 119W and DishPro 119W.....?

Where are you seeing those labels? On DISH receivers the satellite locations should be labeled "EchoStar xxxx West" (with the xxxx replaced by the orbital location). If you are using some third party satellite pointing equipment you will need to check the instructions for that equipment.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Where are you seeing those labels? On DISH receivers the satellite locations should be labeled "EchoStar xxxx West" (with the xxxx replaced by the orbital location). If you are using some third party satellite pointing equipment you will need to check the instructions for that equipment.

It's in the SW on my Birdog meter. I heard from and installer and he said, "I have pointed thousands of dishes over the last 8 years with a birdog meter and even I don't know what the br bl dn "prefixes" mean.

I just use the ones that work and for a dish pro 1000.2 w lnb I use dishpro 110 dishpro 119 and br dishnet 129".

Edited by 356B, 24 July 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Thank you and
Best of luck

#9 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

On that meter, it identifies the type of satellite and its polarity. 

B= Circular

C= C band

K= KU band

The polarity

H= Horizontal

V= Vertical

R= Right hand circular

L= Left hand circular. 

A pretty pricey meter for a relatively simple job unless you are in the business.    Just set Skew and Elevation on the 1000.2 and connect your meter to Port 1 and rotate azimuth until you find 119.  Also a very nice Free App for the iPhone called "Dish Pointer" that will put you right on any Satellite so you can peak it with the meter. 

Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#10 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

On that meter, it identifies the type of satellite and its polarity. 

B= Circular

C= C band

K= KU band

The polarity

H= Horizontal

V= Vertical

R= Right hand circular

L= Left hand circular. 

A pretty pricey meter for a relatively simple job unless you are in the business.    Just set Skew and Elevation on the 1000.2 and connect your meter to Port 1 and rotate azimuth until you find 119.  Also a very nice Free App for the iPhone called "Dish Pointer" that will put you right on any Satellite so you can peak it with the meter. 

Thank you, I picked the meter up on a bet / card game......so to speak. Yes it is a nice unit, Perfect Vision Birdog, USB plus, version 4. It has all the Dish and Direct loaded along with other birds. I just wondered about the differences in the designations for the Dish TV satellites. Another installer mentioned targeting 119 also. Thanks again.

Thank you and
Best of luck

#11 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

119 and Port 1 for a 1000.2.  Don't use one of the other ports for your setup.  

Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#12 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

119 and Port 1 for a 1000.2.  Don't use one of the other ports for your setup.  

I take it that 119 locks you into 110 and 129? and no need to fine tune the others? is this correct?

Thank you and
Best of luck

#13 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Typically if you set the skew according to your location (zipcode) you will not need to adjust it.

Your elevation setting will be very close so tune for a peak on azimuth. then tighten that.  Try peaking the elevation and then repeak azimuth and you should be good. 

Once all of that is done connect your receiver and go to the point dish screen under installation and do a check switch.  It will run the tests and when you finish you should have all three satellites showing green. 

Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#14 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

I take it that 119 locks you into 110 and 129? and no need to fine tune the others? is this correct?

As long as you are "plumb" all the way around (I use a torpedo bubble level) once you find 119 the other 2 will be in line. 

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...