Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My HR34 has gotten noticeably slower

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

All of these receivers will occasionally be slow to respond to remote commands. I think their processors, if that's the correct term, get bogged down with other activity frequently. But the 34s, at least the one I had, was starting to get almost as bad as the HR 21 it had replaced, although I've seen nothing as bad as that device. Between that slow response issue as well as the on again off again video breakup and freezing, I had enough and got it replaced with a 44. There's not much of a difference in speed compared to when the 34 was responding properly, but compared to the other times it's quite significant. And thus far I haven't had that video freeze/breakup on prime time shows I was getting on the 34. If the slow response is getting worse or seems to be more constant than just an occasional issue you might want to think about a replacement. Apparently they are no longer even supplying 34s so they are ( silently ) admitting the issues.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jtstp17

jtstp17

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

IP- using an iPad, smartphone or computer to control the DVR. 

Have you even restarted the box once to see if that helps? 

I don't use IP to control. That is actually another problem I need help on - geniego app and IP control with iphone. I am having problems connecting to it even though it is hooked up on the network.

I did the restart through the menus 1 night a month ago (if that is what you are talking about). Don't think it helped that much at the time. It has been working okay now but I havent used the fast forward and rewind tools extensively since the world cup ended.

I (and most likely anybody here) would post that warning if that would be the case. 

I appreciate it! I will try clearmybox tonight

Protected By... spam firewall...And...