Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Ticket Blackout Rules?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

I use a portable dish with my motorhome and will be traveling during football season.  If I subscribe to the NFL Ticket and my home address is in the New Orleans area will I be able to watch the New Orleans Saints games using the NFL Ticket?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

Nope.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

I use a portable dish with my motorhome and will be traveling during football season.  If I subscribe to the NFL Ticket and my home address is in the New Orleans area will I be able to watch the New Orleans Saints games using the NFL Ticket?

Some have posted that you can change you home address 2 times in a year. If you use auto bill pay and paperless billing, change your address for football season to an address that is not going to have any black outs.

Call and ask if you can do this.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

That is what I am thinking of doing.  I will be between Montgomery, Alabama and Meridian, Mississippi.  What city locals would I get there?  The local stations may be showing the Saints being they are fairly close to New Orleans.  I have been searching for the footprints of both cities.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,967 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

What city locals would I get there? 

None that you can watch since the LiL are tied to your service address.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   ladannen

ladannen

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

If your home Directv address is New Orleans, the New Orleans spotbeam should be able to reach you in western Alabama or eastern Mississippi.

But depending on exactly where you will be, a OTA antenna may be your best option. Although WVOC, the Fox affiliate in Montgomery, AL (assuming you can reach it via OTA from your location) may choose to show Falcons games over Saints games.

Edit:  As the NFL schedule stands right now, Falcons/Saints only have three competing games on Fox this season (weeks 5, 7, & 10). So if you can get WVOC over OTA at your RV location, you could watch all Saints games, except maybe three.

Edited by ladannen, 26 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

I checked and the Fox station is about 30 miles away, so it may be reachable.  If not then I may change my service address.  The 2nd campground I will be going to is about 80 miles away.  I will be at these campgrounds during the 3rd and 4th week of the season.  I don't want to change my service address for just the one campground if possible.  I still have been unable to find the spotbeam footprint for Montgomery, AL.  I will check to see if the New Orleans spotbeam will reach first.  It reaches two of the other campgrounds I will be going to which are in South Alabama and South Mississippi.

#8 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

If you want to look at the beam footprint

Go to the

Tips & Resources Forum / Interactive Beam Footprint Library

There, in Post #1, Select D12  and under D12, click on the New Orleans Beam Footprint

You will need to have GoogleEarth on your computer.  (The link to the free software is in Post #1)

You can probably zoom in and see your motorhome !

#9 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

IF you have Sunday Ticket Max and are out of town, you can use a smart phone or tablet, connected to your TV to watch the game.  The Sunday Ticket app uses GPS info to determine which game(s) are "out of market", not your service address.

Where you could really be screwed is if being aired locally where you actually are because the app would say that you are in an area where the game is available and your receiver wouldn't be authorized for that local channel.

#10 OFFLINE   Rob37

Rob37

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Don’t forget that sometimes local stations sometimes change the game they air the Friday before that Sunday. If you are going to only be in Meridian or Montgomery you probably still can pick up New Orleans Locals since the Spot Beam probably will reach.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Protected By... spam firewall...And...