Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What size dish need in honolulu

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrel

mrel

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hello

In los angeles ,california one dish can hold 110,119,129 lnb and receive good signal.

Do any one know if in honolulu,hawaii if ONE dish can hookup  110,119,129 lnb and receive good signal or do need more than one dish to receive 110,119 to get good signal.

mrel

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

You will need 2 separate dishes for 119/110 and 129.  The 119/110 dish is 31.5w and 34.2h.  I am not sure about the size of the 129 dish out there.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,883 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

if you could install three different dishes, I would go to 1m minimal size, better use 1.2m or 1.5-1.8m

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

You would do well to locate a nearby DISH dealer.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

The islands are not on a conus beam they are on a spot beam and receive different channels & packages than the mainland. Check with a Hawaiian dealer for local information.

#6 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

I live on the Big Island, and I currently have a 1000.2 Dish. I order my Dish through ebay, because all the trailers refused to service the dish 1000.2. Yes the dish 1000.2 will work as long, as you have a clear line of sight. I accidently beat my lnb arm, by a 1", so lnb is hanging lower, that is how I am picking up all 3 sats.If dish created a created a new lnb arm for hawaii, then dish 1000.2, will work. I do not know why someone hasn't manufacture lnb arms that will work with the conus dish 1000.2, because that is what the problem is. It has nothing to do with the dish being designed to pick up just conus. For Hawaii it actually picks up the conus from 110 and 119, and spotbeams on 129 for hawaii.

Hello

In los angeles ,california one dish can hold 110,119,129 lnb and receive good signal.

Do any one know if in honolulu,hawaii if ONE dish can hookup  110,119,129 lnb and receive good signal or do need more than one dish to receive 110,119 to get good signal.

mrel

Edited by comizzou573, 29 July 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

I would go with directv those, and get the distant networks. Hawaii locals suck balls, if it wasn't for the superstation. I would dump dish right away. 

Edited by comizzou573, 29 July 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

I would go with directv those, and get the distant networks. Hawaii locals suck balls, if it wasn't for the superstation. I would dump dish right away. 

I don't think DIRECTV can offer DNS in Hawaii.  STELA made special provisions for AK and HI due to the trailing time zone issues.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#9 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Is this recently, I had distant networks both dish and all American direct. My waivers were approved through my local affiliates. I know that's the only way to get them, is if you local affiliates says ok.

#10 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Is this recently, I had distant networks both dish and all American direct. My waivers were approved through my local affiliates. I know that's the only way to get them, is if you local affiliates says ok.

Are you located in Alaska or Hawaii?

#11 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

I am located in Hawaii. I went to read the stela, yeah states the trailing time zone, nothing about hawaii those. It mentions those if you have waivers granted by your local affiliates, then you can get distant networks. That is how I received mines.

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

It should be noted that DISH and DirecTV are not required to offer or deliver distant networks. They have the option to offer channels in total compliance with the laws. DISH delivers LIL to the DMA of Hawaii, which means under the law a waiver is required to get any other station from each network. But even if one gets a waiver, DISH and DirecTV are not required to provide the service.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#13 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Perfecly said James : )

Hardly they would refuse those if you have waivers.

#14 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

It is unfortunate that STELA doesn't seem to appear as a single document but a bunch of edits to previous SHVERA and SHVIA documents.  The time zone thing made its first appearance in the SHVERA documents and are described here:

http://www.fcc.gov/m...licy/shvera.doc

Of course since DISH doesn't offer DNS, it is kind of academic but to assume that new DIRECTV subscribers would fare any better is probably folly as DIRECTV offers the Honolulu DMA as well.

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

It is unfortunate that STELA doesn't seem to appear as a single document but a bunch of edits to previous SHVERA and SHVIA documents.

In truth STELA did not edit SHVERA or SHVIA ... all three edited existing laws. The big edit each five years is changing the expiration date of the laws allowing distant networks and superstations. Then other edits are done ... some are clean-ups ranging from punctuation to removal of expired sections. Other edits are more substantial.

Of course since DISH doesn't offer DNS, it is kind of academic but to assume that new DIRECTV subscribers would fare any better is probably folly as DIRECTV offers the Honolulu DMA as well.

DISH does not offer a separate package of distants, but they DO offer DNS stations. DISH uses the provisions of the DNS law to offer stations of their choice to viewers in short markets. A practice that fulfills the intent of the original distants law. To ensure that all subscribers have access to the four major networks.

As noted in my previous post, there is no requirement that any satellite provider offer the viewer's choice of distants or offer any distant station at all. Both DISH and DirecTV ensure that all subscribers have access to the four major networks in Hawaii by delivering local stations. Grandfathered DirecTV customers may still be receiving distants but I would not expect to get distants as a new customer.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...