Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Genie 0x08C2/0x08D4/0x8D6, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,527 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Anyone have a problem with Extant on CBS last night? My recording ended after only 12 minutes. Not sure if this was just a freak thing or something else. I have c2 on an HR 44.

Yes, only got 54 minutes of the 9pm and history shows the 10pm was cancelled.   Hope AppleTV has them tonight or over the weekend.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

I saw in my history that the 10pm was cancelled as well. But I only got 12 minutes of the 9pm. I checked the CBS site as well as iTunes and that episode wasn't yet available.

#183 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

History says that the 9PM was cancelled because of a programming update, yet it looks like the entire two-hour block got recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR23-700 w/Samsung UN32D4000 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Sony Blu-ray BDP-S3100 // DirecTV since 2000

#184 OFFLINE   Todd2

Todd2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Anyone have a problem with Extant on CBS last night? My recording ended after only 12 minutes. Not sure if this was just a freak thing or something else. I have c2 on an HR 44.

Mine did too. Killed after 14 minutes. I saw it 15 minutes later or so and restarted recording. Not sure what would have happened at the start of the second hour of the episode.

#185 OFFLINE   porthole2

porthole2

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Is it normal to lose recordings after a software update?

My HR-34 had dozens of movies, TV shows (series) and many one off recordings. We have been hovering around 20-22%.

Last night when I turned on the TV everything was gone except for recordings listed as after an early morning 0x8d4 update.

Thanks,

Duane

#186 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Is it normal to lose recordings after a software update?

My HR-34 had dozens of movies, TV shows (series) and many one off recordings. We have been hovering around 20-22%.

Last night when I turned on the TV everything was gone except for recordings listed as after an early morning 0x8d4 update.

Try this to see if they come back.

Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Reset, Choose the Restart Receiver ( top of the list ).

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#187 OFFLINE   porthole2

porthole2

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Try this to see if they come back.

Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Reset, Choose the Restart Receiver ( top of the list ).

No luck.

Tried that a couple of times after googling the loss.

Is that the same as pushing the red button?

Thanks,

Duane

#188 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

No luck.

Tried that a couple of times after googling the loss.

Is that the same as pushing the red button?

Technically, yes that is the same as pressing the red button.

The To Do list and the Series Links of shows to record will take a couple of days to fill in after a reset.

The already recorded programs should not be deleted from a Reset or New Software install.

Edited by jimmie57, 22 August 2014 - 10:37 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#189 OFFLINE   porthole2

porthole2

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Call to DTV got the answer I was expecting - that is very unusual and never happens. Sorry, nothing we can do.

Checked my history, many of the programs an series are listed, but as having been canceled due to an error.

"This program (or episode) was deleted because of a problem retaining the program. (2003)"

Looking at the time frame, 3:36 am for the download, everything before is gone, after seems OK.

Thanks,

Duane

#190 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

The already recorded programs should not be deleted from a Reset or New Software install.

The operative word there is "should"....happened to me when I did a restart after a firmware download. 

#191 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,975 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

The operative word there is "should"....happened to me when I did a restart after a firmware download. 

Only explanation for this is a defective DVR.  Software downloads do not cause lost of recorded programming unless of course, something is defective.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#192 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,846 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Only explanation for this is a defective DVR.  Software downloads do not cause lost of recorded programming unless of course, something is defective.

Not true.  The download itself can do it if something screwed up during the update process.  

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#193 OFFLINE   scottb8888

scottb8888

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

0x731f on each of two C41 Wired Clients

0x8d4    recently downloaded on my HR34

Same problem.  Every couple days I turn a client on and it can't find the server.  This is getting frustrating. It went away for a few days and it's back.  I have to reset the HR 34 and it usually works then.

Any suggestions??

#194 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Not true.  The download itself can do it if something screwed up during the update process.  

Doesn’t it “screwed up” mea defective 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#195 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,846 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Doesn’t it “screwed up” mea defective 

Not in this case, no.  A defective product is a physical thing, firmware isn't physical.  Also, if the firmware itself were bad the install would never happen because it would fail the checksum after download.  

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#196 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Not in this case, no.  A defective product is a physical thing, firmware isn't physical.  Also, if the firmware itself were bad the install would never happen because it would fail the checksum after download.  

SO then, if the check sum fails the update, how can the update mess things up?

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#197 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

It would have certainly been nice if one of those was for the "to do list". I find it crazy that the only way to see what you have scheduled to record is to go to the DVR itself and dig down into the menu a couple of layers. I also find it ridiculous that you can schedule a recording online but can't check to see what you have scheduled to record. 

+1

Menu shortcuts are nice, but can we PLEASE get a PIP toggle already???

When I saw this new menu shortcut feature, the items mentioned above are the first 2 items I was hoping were available, To Do List & PIP features.  At least there are shortcuts to get to the Manage Recordings and Settings.  

I'm hoping they didn't add these menu options so they can remove more buttons from the remotes.  Pretty soon we will only have power on/off, menu and the number keys on the new Directv remotes.

Edited by RACJ2, 24 August 2014 - 08:44 PM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#198 OFFLINE   scottb8888

scottb8888

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Now after resetting my for the below problem.  99% of my series manger stuff is gone??

Same problem.  Every couple days I turn a client on and it can't find the server.  This is getting frustrating. It went away for a few days and it's back.  I have to reset the HR 34 and it usually works then.

Any suggestions??

#199 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Now after resetting my for the below problem.  99% of my series manger stuff is gone??

Any suggestions??

If you are connected to the internet: Unplug the Genie and clients and the Router. Plug in the router and let it get all set, about 3 minutes, then plug in the Genie and give it a couple of minutes and then each of the clients.

I did this with my friends system and hers has been fine for several months.

#200 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,352 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

Any suggestions??

Are you looking at a depleted To Do List? If so, it's probably in the process of repopulating. Does the Guide go out very far? 

• JLester likes this
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...