Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cartoon Network Guide problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Last couple of days I noticed the info on my receiver guide is backwards on Cartoon Network channels. Right now I am watching Adventure time on channel 296 but the guide says Total Drama:Pahkitew Island. When I switch to 297  Total Drama is on tv but the guide says Adventure Time.  This is happening on my HR100 and my D15 receivers. I did a red button reset on my hr100 but no fix. DTV needs to fix this problem because this will mess up my Regular Show recordings. I just tried it again Channel  296 says Regular Show on the guide but Gumball is showing. Channel 297 says Tom & Jerry and Tom & Jerry is on now. :nono2:

Edited by B Newt, 29 July 2014 - 02:03 PM.

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

It's not on DirecTV's end and it's not a reverse of the East/West schedules it's a different schedule entirely, the listings match what Tribune (Zap2it) has as well as TVGuide.com. It looks like CN made yet another last minute schedule change and neglected to notify both major listings providers.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

It's not on DirecTV's end and it's not a reverse of the East/West schedules it's a different schedule entirely, the listings match what Tribune (Zap2it) has as well as TVGuide.com. It looks like CN made yet another last minute schedule change and neglected to notify both major listings providers.

The problem is, at least in part, with DIRECTV.  The listings that DISH (who also uses Tribune) had in their guide agreed with what the TS observed as well as the listings on the Cartoon Network website.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

When did you check? The schedule change only affected 2pm-6pm ET, anything after 6pm ET is correct. The old schedule is still on the latest grab of Tribune's raw data.

EDIT: Just checked the 3rd listings provider FYI Television, used by TitanTV and FiOS, they don't have the updates either. I sent a message to my contact at CN and hopefully they resend the schedule change.

Edited by KyL416, 29 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Just checked about 4:15 pacific time and one of the two channels is still messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#6 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

The schedule change only affected 2pm-6pm ET, which means CN West is wrong until 9pm ET. Hopefully my contact at CN gets the update to the listings providers first thing tommorow morning so an update will be made in the afternoon.

#7 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

I just don't want to miss new episodes of " the regular show " do to the guide mix up.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

New episodes of Regular Show are still Thursdays at 7:30pm ET, it wasn't affected by the schedule change

#9 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

When did you check? The schedule change only affected 2pm-6pm ET, anything after 6pm ET is correct. The old schedule is still on the latest grab of Tribune's raw data.

EDIT: Just checked the 3rd listings provider FYI Television, used by TitanTV and FiOS, they don't have the updates either. I sent a message to my contact at CN and hopefully they resend the schedule change.

I checked at 4:12 EDT.  DISH doesn't carry CN(West) so I couldn't verify that half of the equation.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#10 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

So if what you're saying is true, Dish somehow got a schedule update that all 3 listings providers in the USA missed. Sometimes one of the 3 listings providers might be late or miss an update, but in the 15+ years I've been dealing with listings there has never been a case where only one cable or sat provider got it and three days later it's still missing across the board by Tribune, Rovi and FYI and every other cable and sat provider.

Any chance you can take a picture of what your Dish receiver says on the grid for 5pm ET/2pm PT tommorow afternoon so I can send it to my contact at CN to help them investigate how this missed everyone but Dish? So far they have on record DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, Cox, Optimum, Xfinity, FiOS and U-Verse not having the correct data, they want proof of Dish getting it.

Edited by KyL416, 30 July 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Today's DISH grid doesn't much match the CN website.  It does seem to line up with TitanTV.

All times EDT for CN-E

5:00 Adventure Time:  Too Young

5:30 Adventure Time:  Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake; The M... (Titan TV says Finn and Jake)

6:00 Teen Titans Go!

6:45 Clarence: Clarence's Millions

7:00 Adventure Time (no ep)

7:45 Regular Show: Fool Me Twice

I was mistaken about DISH not carrying CN-W as well.  I use  a custom guide that hides it (because it is SD).

#12 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Ok today the guide is in sync with the shows. Looks like they fixed the problem. And new episode of " The Regular Show " recorded fine. I got to have my fix of those 2 slackers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...