Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shows to record disappear sometimes reappear

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Runner53

Runner53

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

For the last few weeks I have noticed that shows set to record on the DVR (Directv) show up in the list to record, then a few days later they are no longer listed.  For instance, on Sunday I checked the menu and two shows for next Sunday 3 Aug (Last Ship and Falling Skies) were listed to record.  Last night I checked again and they were no longer listed. Other shows set to record had not changed.  I set them to record manually.  I have not changed anything in the "to record list" and they are set to record all new episodes.  Is anyone else having this issue? Sometimes the shows reappear on the list without me adding them manually.  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks for the help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to DBSTalk! 

Sometimes when I checked the To Do list I have noticed that sometimes in the Guide a future show will not show as set to record until I click on it and then the multiple badges show up indicating it's part of a series. 

It could be that tags were updated by the Tribune, which would take them out, and even put back in at a later date. It will help in the future if you make a note of what it reports as the original air date. (OAD).

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...