Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NHL Center Ice 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#381 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,812 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

I recorded both TSN games from last night.  There was no audio for the first half hour or so of the Leafs game, though I don't know if that was a DVR issue or a problem with the feed from DirecTV.  The Jets game, the one I was more interested in, had no issues.

And the picture looked great.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#382 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

On Sunday the Hawks game is on NHL Network and the Rangers/Canes are on 215-1. I assume as a Ranger fan in Chicago that i will have to watch the Rangers on 215-1, not on CI

#383 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

On Sunday the Hawks game is on NHL Network and the Rangers/Canes are on 215-1. I assume as a Ranger fan in Chicago that i will have to watch the Rangers on 215-1, not on CI

No, you should be able to watch on CI with no problem. The alternate game on NHL Network does not affect availability on Center Ice, only their feature game, the one on 215.

#384 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Thank you, DirecTV, for TSN feeds in HD. It's a pleasure.

I just hope now that there is at least a single HD feed for every game, even when the american team is OTA...

#385 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

No, you should be able to watch on CI with no problem. The alternate game on NHL Network does not affect availability on Center Ice, only their feature game, the one on 215.

since he lives in Chicago, the 215-1 feed should open up for him. 215 would be blacked out since the hawks are on wgn (channel 9)

#386 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

since he lives in Chicago, the 215-1 feed should open up for him. 215 would be blacked out since the hawks are on wgn (channel 9)

Correct, but his question was whether or not he would have to watch the game on 215-1 instead of on Center Ice.  The fact that the game is available to him on 215-1 should have no impact on Center Ice availability in his area.  If you had the choice, would you rather watch a game on NHLN or on Center Ice?  I think most people here would choose the latter.

#387 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

Correct, but his question was whether or not he would have to watch the game on 215-1 instead of on Center Ice.  The fact that the game is available to him on 215-1 should have no impact on Center Ice availability in his area.  If you had the choice, would you rather watch a game on NHLN or on Center Ice?  I think most people here would choose the latter.

OP here, I was able to watch on CI. NHL Network is obnoxious, but MSG has had some evenings with lots of games across the various MSG channels and a crawl directing you to the channels showing the other game, so it has been a little less advantageous of late. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...