Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NHL Center Ice 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,921 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

I wish they wouldn't put games on back to back during the playoffs. I wish they were just assign each game to its own channel.

Edited by TheRatPatrol, 17 April 2015 - 07:25 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#502 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,624 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

But there's nothing listed on 220-1 for tomorrow. If this doesn't change, then some of us will only have access to one of the two 3 PM games and must go online to get the other game.

I live in FL. My NBC station has Tampa Bay/Detroit listed.

On 220 it says "Regional Coverage: Conference Quarterfinal" Red Wings at Lightning or Wild at Blues.

On 220-1 it says 'Red Wings at Lightning or Wild at Blues'.

Which seems to follow the link Peter305 posted above that says this:

*Regionalized coverage. On Saturday at 3 p.m. ET, select markets will receive Red Wings-Lightning on NBC and Wild-Blues on NBCSN. Remaining markets will receive Wild-Blues on NBC and Red Wings-Lightning on NBCSN.

#503 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

Since I last posted, the guide was updated to show programming on 220-1 at 3 PM, so it looks like DirecTV is picking up the alternate feed for NBCSN today. However, I cannot tell which game will be on which channel. In theory, the game on the local NBC affiliate will be blacked out, so if you're planning to set DVR recordings for the games, you pretty much have to set three recordings, one on NBC and one on each of the two NBCSN channels. If the guide showed which game was on which NBCSN channel, then this would be easier to plan for.

The important thing, though, is that both games will, or at least should, be there.

To the one complaining about back-to-back games on the same channel, I don't mind that by itself, but I do mind when the games are a mere 2.5 hours apart, which makes overlap a very real possibility even without overtime. A 3-hour gap, as we saw on CNBC, can allow a game to go o overtime and still finish before the following game, depending on how long the OT period goes.

#504 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,921 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

To the one complaining about back-to-back games on the same channel, I don't mind that by itself, but I do mind when the games are a mere 2.5 hours apart, which makes overlap a very real possibility even without overtime. A 3-hour gap, as we saw on CNBC, can allow a game to go o overtime and still finish before the following game, depending on how long the OT period goes.

I wasn't complaining, just making a statement. :)

If both early games go into OT (one did) or even multiple OT's those that want to watch their team in the late games wouldn't be able to do so. If each game had their own channel you wouldn't have to worry about it.

And it sounds like some of the regional coverage got messed up today. http://www.dbstalk.c...edwings-hockey/

#505 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

I think NHL Network is being used as a backup channel.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...