Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NHL Center Ice 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   MrBill64

MrBill64

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Can someone explain the wisdom of someone with CI that is blacked out of both the NHL network feed and the MSG feed of the Rangers Bruins game tonight?  I live in upstate NY.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#402 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

What's your zip code?

#403 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 652 posts
  • LocationVT

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Can someone explain the wisdom of someone with CI that is blacked out of both the NHL network feed and the MSG feed of the Rangers Bruins game tonight?  I live in upstate NY.

While they're at it, I would like to know why BOTH games on NHL Network are blacked out for me? I live in Bruins territory, but should be able to watch the 215-1 game, but I can't. 

TV: Directv HR44/AM21, Terk HDTVo, LG 42" 3D, 2 Samsung TVs
Internet: Xfinity/Comcast w/ESPN3 access
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy 3
Other: Denon AVR591, Panasonic 3D BluRay, Panasonic DVD w/tuner, Phillips VCR

#404 OFFLINE   MrBill64

MrBill64

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

12090 zip code.  I realize I am in a secondary Rangers market.  What I think is happening is MSG doesn't recognize my zip code as in it's main market but the NHL network does.  MSG blacks me out because technically I am not in their market and should be able to watch the game on the NHL network but since I am in the Rangers secondary market the NHL blacks me out thinking I should be watching the game on MSG. Hence the double blackout.

#405 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

It looks like tonight is one of the 21 Rangers games that are not available in Zone 2 (upstate NY). On cable locally in that area the Sabres game is airing on MSG.

Edited by KyL416, 15 January 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#406 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

I can explain it, but I can't provide the wisdom behind it. I just said above how much better CI blackouts are compared with MLB EI, but there is a caveat. Games on NHL Network (the primary game, not the secondary one) are not eligible for Center Ice, and NHL Network is notoriously strict regarding blackouts. This is one area where MLB does a better job, since games on MLB Network are never excluded from EI.

Normally, when a Rangers game is limited to a portion of the Rangers' territory, which happens when the Sabres are also playing, the Rangers can waive the blackout restrictions for areas their broadcast does not cover. However, it is my understanding that this only applies to games available on Center Ice, not games on NHL Network. I don't know if it's because the rules don't allow it or if it's because NHLN ignores the waiver, but if a game is on NHLN and the RSN doesn't show it throughout the territory, those in the uncovered areas of the territory are SOL.

#407 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,846 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

WGN HD Blackhawks feed tonight. Nice. Now if they could just get rid of the -1 channels we'd be all set. Maybe with D14. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...