I have a pretty new Hopper, replaced my 622. Mostly a good system, but when playing back from the DVR - even if it's just like having skipped back a minute in a live show - the audio sometimes drops out for a few seconds every few minutes.
This isn't in the recorded program. I can skip back and the dropout won't be there at the same spot.
So what I know is:
- It only happens when the Dish Hopper is the HDMI source; not when my Oppo or other sources are. (I'm not using optical or analog.)
- It only happens when playing back from the hard drive. Direct-from-Satellite doesn't do this.
- It isn't a recording problem, because it's in different places when playing back the same programs.
- Therefore, it's not the HDMI cable, the audio receiver, the TV or even the Dish tuner or recording codec.
- It doesn't seem to always happen on playback. I'm not sure what the secret sauce is - everything should typically be turned on in the same order, for example, because they happen by macro. But when the problem is there, it survives changing audio sources back-and-forth.
Any ideas? This is annoying. Thanks.