Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Yanks will likely face last 3 AL Cy Young winners in a row!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

A series against a first-place team upcoming is one thing. But when the Yankees look at the Tigers' probable pitchers for their first three meetings this week, they'll see something that no other team in baseball has ever seen.

Over the course of their next three games -- Monday through Wednesday at Yankee Stadium -- the Yankees will face the American League Cy Young winners from each of the last three years. Max Scherzer (2013) will pitch against Brandon McCarthy on Monday, David Price ('12) against Hiroki Kuroda on Tuesday and Justin Verlander ('11) against Chris Capuano on Wednesday.

[more]

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

It'll never happen, but I wonder what the Vegas odds are of all three Tiger pitchers picking up an "L"? 1,000 to 1? Higher?

/steve

#3 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

It'll never happen, but I wonder what the Vegas odds are of all three Tiger pitchers picking up an "L"? 1,000 to 1? Higher?

I would go higher on the odds if I was setting the odds
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,439 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Looks a bit better after last night's game.  

What a dreadful season!  I had such high hopes and BLAM, one injury after another. And Brian McCan't hit to top it all off. Geez, did Cashman get screwed over on that deal.

Rich 

#5 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Looks a bit better after last night's game.  

Imagine if they somehow beat Price and Verlander, then lose to Porcello in the get-away game? :P

Actually, Porcello's having a Cy Young year as well. 13-5, 3.18 ERA! I don't think I've seen a staff like Detroit's since Palmer, McNally, Dobson and Cuellar. All four won 20 games that season for the O's. 1971.

/steve

#6 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

Well they were ahead of Price 3-1, at one point. :P

They lost 4-3 in 12.

/steve

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,439 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Well they were ahead of Price 3-1, at one point. :P

They lost 4-3 in 12.

Another rough game to lose.  Too many close losses.  At least McCan't hit a homer.  

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...