Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Receivers, DVRs and R22 0x08A5/0x08A6/0x48A6, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,762 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

You just haven't had someone contact you freaked out that they lost everything. When a regular user does this, if they go to the list too quickly, they will think that we were wrong and they lost everything. I got a very angry email.

And exactly the reason I said “recorded shows are not lost”  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,930 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

And exactly the reason I said “recorded shows are not lost”

Which is exactly what I told my guy. Still didn't prevent him from being mad at me when I neglected to mention that the list may need to rebuild.

I just think it's worth mentioning is all.

#63 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Which is exactly what I told my guy. Still didn't prevent him from being mad at me when I neglected to mention that the list may need to rebuild.

I just think it's worth mentioning is all.

Cool

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#64 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well, I wasn't having remote response problems until last week.  May have something to do with entering a five-word keyword search and autorecord.  Within minutes remote response went to heck.

Eventually I'll remove it and do another double restart.  Playing back of recordings still seems OK, but using *any* part of the guide, even info of the current recording (or mini-guide, etc), seems to cause a minimum of 30 second lockup of all remote (and front panel) functions.

[HR21-700, 08A6]

Actually was a nine-word keyword search.  Now removed from SL and double restart (2nd start 30min cold).  Anyway, already much improvement and fixed some missing guide data (such as no information available in a program airing tonight).

Hopefully will be no worse than before all the trouble started.  (One might start to believe these things are trying to perform insurmountable astro-nuclear-particle-quantum-physics calculations or worse every time the guide is being accessed!)

#65 OFFLINE   David Bock

David Bock

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

Just found a brand new 24-200 and I intend to try to use an am21. I have gotten a lot of mixed signals from DTV about compatibility. I will be using 24 is sd for the immediate future and th round dish hitting
the 101 sat. I have heard starting in 4/2013, firmware upgrade cause the 24 not to see the OTA tuner. I am trying to replace a legacy Panasonic TUHDS-20 which has a ATSC tuner built in. Is there anyway to stop the dvr from receiving firmware pushes if you have a working setup? I'm not worried about remote lag. I am worried about being able to record a sub channel in Cincinnati on rf 35-2 which is metv. My 20 does a fine job. Am I the only person on the planet still wanting both OTR and sat reception? DTV has made me feel like this. I have read all the current issues on this thread and I am even more worried about the am21

#66 OFFLINE   David Bock

David Bock

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Is the am21 usuable with this firmware release and the 24-200??? Is there any way to not allow DTV firmware updates to your receiver.

#67 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Just found a brand new 24-200 and I intend to try to use an am21. I have gotten a lot of mixed signals from DTV about compatibility. I will be using 24 is sd for the immediate future and th round dish hitting
the 101 sat. I have heard starting in 4/2013, firmware upgrade cause the 24 not to see the OTA tuner. I am trying to replace a legacy Panasonic TUHDS-20 which has a ATSC tuner built in. Is there anyway to stop the dvr from receiving firmware pushes if you have a working setup? I'm not worried about remote lag. I am worried about being able to record a sub channel in Cincinnati on rf 35-2 which is metv. My 20 does a fine job. Am I the only person on the planet still wanting both OTR and sat reception? DTV has made me feel like this. I have read all the current issues on this thread and I am even more worried about the am21

You can use the AM21 just fine with the HR24.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#68 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Is the am21 usuable with this firmware release and the 24-200??? Is there any way to not allow DTV firmware updates to your receiver.

There is no way to stop updates, but you don’t need to, since the HR24 works fine with the AM21

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#69 OFFLINE   tas3986

tas3986

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

My wife and I have had it with the remote delays.   Hitting list, scrolling down, selecting a program, and hitting play is a five minute very patient procedure.

Monday I am going to cancel 1 of my units, and I will continue every Monday to do another.  That will take 7 weeks for them to solve the problem.  Then I will give Comcast a try, as I will have no units left..  I left Comcast 12 years ago because their service sucked.  Directv has reached that level of service.  Many calls, no response.

Should I just talk to the regular agent, or is there a way to escalate this problem to a higher level?  I'm told that I already have a ticket opened with engineering. Big deal !

Should I ask for the retention department?  Can they do anything?

Frustrated........

• dslchiphead likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...