Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network drops CSNNE, Celtics’ broadcast home

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Dish Network drops CSNNE, Celtics’ broadcast home

(BostonGlobe.com) - Dish Network dropped Comcast SportsNet New England — the television home of the Celtics, as well as numerous other programs — Wednesday morning after ending negotiations on a carrier extension.

The contract expired June 30, but the sides agreed on a month-long extension through July and then two 24-hour extensions in August before Dish Network pulled the plug....

transparent_csn_250x100-20130625.png

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

"CSN New England offered Dish terms reflective of the economics accepted by the network’s other distributors ..."

Yeah, a double digit rate increase for a station with declining Celtics viewership.

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,195 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

These RSNs just don't know when to stop.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,254 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

CSN NE went dark at 2am on Wednesday morning and the first we hear about it here is from a press release. Any viewers out there?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

When will the Dish deals with Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, and Comcast SportsNet California expire?

#6 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

These RSNs just don't know when to stop.

This is what happens when a cable provider (Comcast) is also a content provider (CSNNE, etc.). Their greed knows no bounds.

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

When will the Dish deals with Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, and Comcast SportsNet California expire?

I don't care.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#8 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I am wondering when DISH, or DirecTV, have to deal with Comcast when they have to renew NBC TV stations and channels like USA, SyFy, Chiller, MSNBC, CNBC, Cloo (not on DIsh already), NBC Sports Network, Universal Sports, Universal HD, Telemundo, etc. It is one thing to play hard ball with RSNs, it is quiet another when they demand more for general channels.

Hopefully, the FCC is watching, before they allow other content provider and distributor mergers. But, as many have predicted, the greed factor is live and well.

#9 ONLINE   zippyfrog

zippyfrog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

http://multichannel....-absence/265371

It doesn't give a date, but back in 2011 CSN California was returned to Dish's lineup after an absence, and it mentions in the article that it terminated the pending arbitration for CSN Chicago, Mid Atlantic, and Bay Area.  So it appeared that something was worked out back in 2011, not sure when it expires though.  But since this article doesn't mention CSN New England anywhere, it definitely was negotiated separately.

#10 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

The Bruins and Red Sox (on NESN) have always been worth more than the Celtics and Revolution - it wouldn't surprise me if Comcast thought they should get NESN-level money.

#11 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

I guess I lost this.  Oh well, I don't recall that I've ever tuned in to the channel.

#12 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

I guess this makes another argument against the proposed Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger.

• mnassour and Michael P like this

#13 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

I am wondering when DISH, or DirecTV, have to deal with Comcast when they have to renew NBC TV stations and channels like USA, SyFy, Chiller, MSNBC, CNBC, Cloo (not on DIsh already), NBC Sports Network, Universal Sports, Universal HD, Telemundo, etc. It is one thing to play hard ball with RSNs, it is quiet another when they demand more for general channels.

Hopefully, the FCC is watching, before they allow other content provider and distributor mergers. But, as many have predicted, the greed factor is live and well.

Comcast does not have to much pull with all of there RSN's.

One time CSN Chicago had 3 live games on at the same time and only directv and U-Verse had all 3 feeds in HD. Also CSN Chicago has the AT&T U-verse Lounge.

The teams in Chicago seem to have all the power and Comcast very little.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...