Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Anywhere app now looks much better on tablets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,583 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

Dish Anywhere app now looks much better on tablets

(Engadget.com) - Dish Anywhere has now been further improved on iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets, with a redesigned UI and fresh discovery features that let users easily find new stuff to watch. But there's more beyond the pretty, image-heavy pages. Dish made the app better in other ways, thanks to new features including a Watchlist, the ability to turn your device into a Dish remote, and more. If you haven't grabbed the update, you can do so via the App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore, depending on what tablet you're rocking these days....

dishanywherelead.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobl

bobl

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

I believe you  need either the Hopper with Sling, or a sling adapter, to view any content with the Dish Anywhere App, however, I'm wondering about what you can do without Sling? I have the App installed and it looks like I can update timers, see my recordings (though not play them), see a guide plus various other things. Unfortunately, It looks like you can't control the DVR like a remote control without Sling. Am I missing something, or is my assessment correct regarding the inability to control the DVR through the Dish Anywhere app without Sling?

#3 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

If not working at all now looks better then I guess so...... :sure:

As usual, more untested garbage released into the wild by Dish Network....

#4 OFFLINE   EdJ

EdJ

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

I have a Microsoft Surface 2 tablet....  I guess there are not enough of us to modify the App for us......  :bang

Edited by EdJ, 09 August 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

So far there doesn't seem to be any 'device' type apps for the Surfaces.  :(

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#6 OFFLINE   EdJ

EdJ

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

So far there doesn't seem to be any 'device' type apps for the Surfaces.   :(

I subscribed to EPIX on Dish.  EPIX has an App for the Surface and I have watched EPIX programming on the tablet.

#7 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

So far there doesn't seem to be any 'device' type apps for the Surfaces.   :(

It has been reported that Microsoft has taken a big financial hit on the Surface products. I guess they are too late to the party.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...