Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

When signed out site still says i'm online

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

I get this from time to time when I sign out but look at one of my posts it says i'm still online. So I have to sign back in and out again to fix it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

When you look at one of your posts you are online, in all likelihood.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 630 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Or maybe you're looking at a cached copy of a page that was downloaded while you were logged in.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#4 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

No the first time I discovered this was when I signed out on my main computer and a half hour later I checked to see for replies on my chromebook which never had signed in and it said I was online. So maybe my main computer is not properly signing out or something. I've dealt with this at least five times. I only sign in when I intend to make a post otherwise I always read these forums signed out.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I don't know why one would do that. I never sign in or out. When I leave the page in the browser, I'm effectively signed out. 

Edit: Or so I thought. I just tested for you, and signed in on a browser that doesn't "know" me. It shows I am signed in, after I quit the normal browser, and even after I refreshed the agnostic one. 

#6 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

I run DBSTalk on Chrome and stay logged in.  I also have FIreFox and Safari which are not logged in.  I have never seen it keep me logged in on another browser as it uses cookies to do so.  No cookie, no auto login.

Showing you on-line and being logged in are two different things.  Showing you as on-line takes time to clear as the server caches the info and it only clears the caches every, I think, 15 mins.  (or 30 min.)  (Unless you actually click SIGN OUT )

But it can not auto log you in unless you have a cookie to do so.  No other way as it would not have any idea who you are to auto log you in.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

My experiments show just what DB is saying here. There's simply a lag, both on logon and logoff. 

I never sign out, so when I quit the page, I'm "offline" after 15 or so minutes, and, I suppose, effectively logged off. 

#8 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

I had something strange happen once...... (I pmed you about it Dave remember??)

I logged out here and refreshed the page and I WAS LOGGED OUT and then i went and browsed other sites..... About 1/2hr later or so I came back here AND I WAS LOGGED IN :D (I know I logged out (hehehehe))

I dunno....... Strange

Edited by Dude111, 19 August 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I had something strange happen once...... (I pmed you about it Dave remember??)

I logged out here and refreshed the page and I WAS LOGGED OUT and then i went and browsed other sites..... About 1/2hr later or so I came back here AND I WAS LOGGED IN :D (I know I logged out (hehehehe))

I dunno....... Strange

If you read this whole nine post thread, you may see the answer...............

• Dude111 likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...