Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie HR34 freezing during DVR playback

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

I am having an issue with my main Genie HR34 box.  I have the main box, 3 Genie Mini clients, and a GenieGo.  When watching recorded content on the HR34 box, I am having a problem when attempting to fast forward.  When I press the 30 second skip or fast forward button, the box becomes completely un-responsive.  If I press the 30 second skip button, it starts play back, but will not accept any commands from the remote.  If I press the fast forward button, it will continue to fast forward without accepting any commands from the remote.  Usually after 30 seconds to a minute, the playback bar shows up on screen and I am able to control the box again.  This is not an every time thing, but is happening multiple times daily.  I've only noticed it happening on the HR34 box, not the mini clients.  I have reset using the red button as well as disconnected the Genie Go box and neither seems to help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

What software version do you have on the HR34?  Press and hold the INFO button for about four seconds and it should take you to Info and Test screen.

#3 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

0x8d4 

Edited by krunk84, 13 August 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   richardeholder

richardeholder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I've experienced the exact same problem.  Fortunately I'm upgrading to the HR44 soon so I hope this goes away.

#5 OFFLINE   bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

I've experienced the exact same problem.  Fortunately I'm upgrading to the HR44 soon so I hope this goes away.

How are you getting upgraded? I'd like to do the same!

#6 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Just called Directv support and they are shipping me a new Genie.  Sucks I'm going to lose all my recordings, but I may get the HR44 *fingers crossed*

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just called Directv support and they are shipping me a new Genie.  Sucks I'm going to lose all my recordings, but I may get the HR44 *fingers crossed*

Please let us know what you get.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Will do.  Should have it early next week.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Will do.  Should have it early next week.

Awesome.  I will put my money on an HR34….

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Awesome.  I will put my money on an HR34….

Me too, but I'm hopeful to get an HR44.  I will let you know when i get it.

#11 OFFLINE   mattyhoops

mattyhoops

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChester, VA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have the HR34 and just had Directv ship me a replacement Genie (For the pizelation/freeze recording issues so many others experience). I personally asked them to send me an HR44 and they said they can't specify the exact model number; they'll just ship out whatever Genie they have available in the warehouse. Guess what...I got a 2 yr old HR34. :nono2: It was probably refurbished. I hope you get an HR44 - good luck!

#12 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

I have the HR34 and just had Directv ship me a replacement Genie (For the pizelation/freeze recording issues so many others experience). I personally asked them to send me an HR44 and they said they can't specify the exact model number; they'll just ship out whatever Genie they have available in the warehouse. Guess what...I got a 2 yr old HR34. :nono2: It was probably refurbished. I hope you get an HR44 - good luck!

DirecTV® seems to replace like with like receivers when they are drop shipped.  This is goof if you have an HR44 and it needs to be be replaced, but not good if you are trying to go from 34 to 44

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#13 OFFLINE   krunk84

krunk84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Got my replacement reciever on Saturday.  It was an HR34 :-( .  Good news is that we have not had any issues with the new box and was able to transfer most of the shows that we still need to watch off the old box using our GenieGo.  Fast turn around though.  Reported the issue Thursday afternoon and received replacement Saturday!

#14 OFFLINE   mattyhoops

mattyhoops

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChester, VA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Got my replacement reciever on Saturday.  It was an HR34 :-( .  Good news is that we have not had any issues with the new box and was able to transfer most of the shows that we still need to watch off the old box using our GenieGo.  Fast turn around though.  Reported the issue Thursday afternoon and received replacement Saturday!

Yeah, when i got my Genie replacement it was very fast. Called Friday morning and received it Saturday afternoon! I too was hoping for an HR44. I was thinking they almost have to send an HR34 to replace an HR34 though. If you're supposed to send the old receiver back in the same box how could you securely fit an HR34 in a box for an HR44? It would require different packaging. It would take a much larger box to send back the HR34. They could send an HR44 in a big box, but the pieces in the box that hold the receiver in place would be different.

#15 OFFLINE   jjmcnelly

jjmcnelly

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Problem Report # 20140820-LFSM  I too am having problems with my h34.  I have gotten=n my box swapped as well.  Same issues.  I guess the only way to get an h44 is to have a technician come to your house.  It is VERY Frustrating.

#16 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

This sounds like the problem I'm having with my HR34. I hit the fast forward button and the timeline fails to appear and the DVR becomes unresponsive to the remote. After about 30 seconds it will start responding, the timeline will appear and I can fast forward as usual. Happens intermittently. Other than that I have no other issues with my HR34. Has DirecTv acknowledged this is an issue with some HR34s?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...