Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

AMC not available to Dish on App

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

I downloaded the AMC App last night to check on some shows I had missed.  Only to find out that Dish is not on the list of providers that authorize online viewing. 

Maybe those negotiations from a few years ago didn't end with a full set of benefits for Dish viewers. 

I was specifically looking for Hell on Wheels which IMHO is a great series. 

The TNT and ESPN apps all work fine just no AMC.

Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

We do not have a contract with AMC to view shows on their website.  You can view some On Demand AMC content if your receiver is compatible with the On Demand service.  Thanks.

I downloaded the AMC App last night to check on some shows I had missed.  Only to find out that Dish is not on the list of providers that authorize online viewing. 

Maybe those negotiations from a few years ago didn't end with a full set of benefits for Dish viewers. 

I was specifically looking for Hell on Wheels which IMHO is a great series. 

The TNT and ESPN apps all work fine just no AMC.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

I was wondering about that and thinking that last AMC deal probably was done before they had an app...  it's a shame, but I bet it's a point of contention for whenever the next contract comes up.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Same with SHO, Showtime.

#5 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

Will shows like The Walking Dead be available the next day after airing On Demand?

ViP 722K w/ Panasonic Viera TC-P60S30

Protected By... spam firewall...And...