Jump to content

Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Wireless Genie Clients becoming unresponsive

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   antneye


    Cool Member

  • Registered
  • 25 posts
Joined: Sep 29, 2006

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

I recently had the wireless Genies installed and have them set up in RF mode with the remote.  The system works fine, but then when I come back to the box the next day it is unresponsive and needs to be re-booted.  It seems it is losing the RF capability until it is reset.  Is this a known issue?  Can anyone guide me on how to fix?


Thanks.  I recently came back to DirecTV so I have been ottally out of the loop for years.   So far I am not happy with the experience.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts


    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 21,257 posts
Joined: Nov 13, 2006

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Can you tell us what firmware is on it?


It may have not updated yet to the latest and if it's really old that may be the issue.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48



  • DBSTalk Club
  • 17,995 posts
  • LocationNY
Joined: Jan 10, 2008

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Also tell us the model number of the remote control along with the information above.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   antneye


    Cool Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts
Joined: Sep 29, 2006

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

I will post firware versions tonight when i get home.  I don't recall the version but I did notice that the main genie was on a newer rev level than the mini's (had an 8 maybe 08xxxx.  It seems like the new firmware was downloaded a few nights ago but has yet to push to the mini's (which I recall having a 7 in their name).  Is there anyway to force it to push?



I just checked the stickies above and the main client is on 0X08 and the mini's are on 0x07 at minimum.

Edited by antneye, 14 August 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   scottb8888


    Cool Member

  • Registered
  • 123 posts
Joined: Mar 28, 2007

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Same problem here with the C41 Client (Wired)


0x73f     7/31/2014  MoCA Installed on both C41's


0x870   6/12/2014  MoCA Installed on the  HR34


Almost happens every night!

#6 OFFLINE   bryonbnm


    New Member

  • Registered
  • 3 posts
Joined: Jan 20, 2007

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

I'm also having the same issue; very annoying.


0x750 on wireless receivers

Protected By... spam firewall...And...