Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Clearmybox...What doesn't it do?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   p4594spa

p4594spa

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Does CLEARMYBOX leave your recordings in place and your repeat recordings in place? or it a true master reset, clear everything out?

Is there any documentation on it?  I did a search and didn't find anything

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,018 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

It's just like a double reset, no recordings or future recordings are affected. It'll take a day or 2 for the guide to fully repopulate.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Does CLEARMYBOX leave your recordings in place and your repeat recordings in place? or it a true master reset, clear everything out?

Is there any documentation on it?  I did a search and didn't find anything

When you typed it in did you then choose Keyword and then just let it sit for a minute or 2 ? It usually goes to work shortly after choosing Keyword.

It doesn't bring anything to the screen. It rests the receiver and starts cleaning out old data. It does not change any of the settings you have made, favorites, series, etc. No recordings will be lost.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

When you typed it in did you then choose Keyword and then just let it sit for a minute or 2 ? It usually goes to work shortly after choosing Keyword.

It doesn't bring anything to the screen. It rests the receiver and starts cleaning out old data. It does not change any of the settings you have made, favorites, series, etc. No recordings will be lost.

I don't think he was saying the keyword search didn't say anything, he was saying a search for documentation on "clearmybox" hasn't shown anything, Since it's an undocumented feature at this point, finding documentation isn't going to be that easy, except on forums.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

I don't think he was saying the keyword search didn't say anything, he was saying a search for documentation on "clearmybox" hasn't shown anything, Since it's an undocumented feature at this point, finding documentation isn't going to be that easy, except on forums.

I guess I'm the only one that's had a problem with clearmybox?  Using it really screwed up my MRV.  

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

I interpreted what he said of not getting anything as the actual search word in the receiver did not find anything.

It could mean what you stated, I do not know.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,090 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

I guess I'm the only one that's had a problem with clearmybox?  Using it really screwed up my MRV.  

Rich

I had a friend try it to see if it resolved an issue, reboot took 30 minutes and the playlist had to be repopulated. Not sure what was potential box issue and what was caused by the keyword.

#8 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

I had a friend try it to see if it resolved an issue, reboot took 30 minutes and the playlist had to be repopulated. Not sure what was potential box issue and what was caused by the keyword.

I lost all connections to my boxes for a while.  Had to reset all the boxes the old way.  Haven't used it since, might have been a one time thing, but it really bothered me.

Rich

#9 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

I lost all connections to my boxes for a while.  Had to reset all the boxes the old way.  Haven't used it since, might have been a one time thing, but it really bothered me.

Rich

I have used it twice on 1 HR24 and once on my other one.

No Problems.

Having said that, my receivers are not on MRV or connected to the internet.

#10 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

I used it on an HR44-700 when the "other showings" of a program had data for a completely unrelated series...very fubar! All proceeded normally, but since then, I have seen the same bug surface a few times. On first thought it appeared it was corrupted guide data (hence clearmybox), but since I've seen it at least twice since on different programs, i'm going to assume the guide data is simply wrong, or there is a bug in the database parsing code.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

Protected By... spam firewall...And...