Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo - Licenses

GenieGo Licenses

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stuntman

stuntman

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHemet, California

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I just got my geniego.. I installed the iPhone version of GenieGo on my iPad.. seemed to work okay.. then I noticed it was built in to iPad DirecTV app!  When I tried to use it, it tried to authenticate again and wouldn't let me.. like it didn't realized it was the same device...  I'll delete the geniego app and use the native iPad app... but I'm not sure how to clear the licenses so that I can apply it to the iPad app...

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,713 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

You can have up to five authorized devices/apps access your GenieGo.  The DirecTV iPad app and the GenieGo app count as two different devices.  But you should be able to authorize both.  Once you've hit five devices and try to activate a sixth, you'll get a message that lets you deactivate one of the other five devices. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

You can have up to five authorized devices/apps access your GenieGo.  The DirecTV iPad app and the GenieGo app count as two different devices.  But you should be able to authorize both.  Once you've hit five devices and try to activate a sixth, you'll get a message that lets you deactivate one of the other five devices, ...

... assuming the license you want to deactivate is over 30 days old.

So if you activated 5 clients today (8/16), you wouldn't be able to activate a different client until 9/16.

/steve

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,366 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

When I tried to use it, it tried to authenticate again and wouldn't let me.. like it didn't realized it was the same device... 

Why?  Any error messages?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,713 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

... assuming the license you want to deactivate is over 30 days old.

So if you activated 5 clients today (8/16), you wouldn't be able to activate a different client until 9/16.

Good point. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,924 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

If you haven't used 5, use a different name to authorize.  The old name will be available in 30 days.

• stuntman likes this

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#7 OFFLINE   stuntman

stuntman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHemet, California

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

Dennisj00 was right.. it wasn't a problem with 2 licenses on the same device.. the problem was that both licenses tried to use the same device 'name'.. once I changed the name to something unique, it let me register it..  now I can just do what others have suggested and remove the original device license when I reach my limit.

Thanks!

#8 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Can you choose to delete a license without having to attempt to add one? I ask as my iPaid mini is running the GG client for iPhone and since the iPaid App has been fixed I see no reason to retain the GG App there. I would like to delete it specifically and transfer it to the iPaid App. Will this force a system rename? Sort of Mickey Mouse if I must do that. Or after 30 days will it be OK to transfer it then? 

I am using 5 licenses on 5 devices currently. One is past the 30 days like to reassign to one of my wife's iPaids then I would take it off the iPod entirely when it comes time and grant her other. Meanwhile the mini is stuck on the GG app instead of the now flawlessly functioning iPaid App.

Don "love to just purchase another block and not worry about this" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#9 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,924 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Can you choose to delete a license without having to attempt to add one? I ask as my iPaid mini is running the GG client for iPhone and since the iPaid App has been fixed I see no reason to retain the GG App there. I would like to delete it specifically and transfer it to the iPaid App. Will this force a system rename? Sort of Mickey Mouse if I must do that. Or after 30 days will it be OK to transfer it then? 

I am using 5 licenses on 5 devices currently. One is past the 30 days like to reassign to one of my wife's iPaids then I would take it off the iPod entirely when it comes time and grant her other. Meanwhile the mini is stuck on the GG app instead of the now flawlessly functioning iPaid App.

Don "love to just purchase another block and not worry about this" Bolton

Don,  I think you could transfer a license that hasn't called home in 30 days. . . example if you haven't used the iPod GG client in 30 days you could use that one (or delete it) as you re-authorize the 6th device.

Or you may be able to just specify that one to delete as you register the 6th - actually a different 5th device.

This is all done as you register a new device - there's no other way to delete a license.

It's been a long time since I played 'license' shuffleboard!

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#10 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

Don,  I think you could transfer a license that hasn't called home in 30 days. . . example if you haven't used the iPod GG client in 30 days you could use that one (or delete it) as you re-authorize the 6th device.

Or you may be able to just specify that one to delete as you register the 6th - actually a different 5th device.

This is all done as you register a new device - there's no other way to delete a license.

It's been a long time since I played 'license' shuffleboard!

A license must be idle for 30 days? OH crap! I was hoping just issued after 30 would be enough to wipe it away.

Don "Guess I'll be going on the journey of discovery" Bolton

#11 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

A license must be idle for 30 days? OH crap! I was hoping just issued after 30 would be enough to wipe it away.

IIRC, you can't delete it, as Dennis says. It's simply available for transfer after 30 days, whether the former client was idle or not.

/steve

#12 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Thanks Steve! that will work but I will have to be careful to avoid a rename on the mini I suspect.

Don "needing a vacation from this job: Bolton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#13 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Steve! that will work but I will have to be careful to avoid a rename on the mini I suspect.

I think you select the old name for the new client, and you have an opportunity to edit it before they're officially "married" for the next 30 days. At least that's the way I remember it.

• lugnutathome likes this
/steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...