Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weird C41 Issues at 4am

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GLJones

GLJones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I have a Genie (HR44) and three clients (C41-100) and have a couple of issues. I will start with the annoying but not-so-strange one.

When I change channels on the C41 sometimes the video returns but no audio. I have to switch back and forth, sometimes several times, to get the audio back. I have found no pattern (like SD to HD) and have changed the Dolby settings to no affect.

The really WEIRD issue has been going on for the past several nights. I will be watching the Genie in the TV room and move to the bedroom. Around 4am, the picture starts cutting out for a second or two, then returns. This includes the menus and guide. Occasionally, it is out long enough for the TV to display no-input so it must be the C41 cutting the HDMI off or a handshake issue. The TV and C41 work fine all day long, it is only in the wee hours of the morning that this occurs. 

I have never seen this occur on the other two C41s and I have checked the HDMI cables and restarted each box. It is a weird 4am thing. It is impossible to watch so I turn off the TV. It doesn't matter what channel is on. As I am not sure where the guide graphics are generated (the C41 or the Genie sending the video stream) I don't know if it is just a bad C41 or a network issue. It is the specific time it occurs and is repeatable each night that is weird. Is there something the genie does at this time that could create this issue? Perhaps a bug in the latest software?

Any ideas?

Tonight I might try to switch two C41s to see if I can isolate it to a TV, room or C41.  

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GLJones

GLJones

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

SOLVED:  Tech came out and replaced C41-100.  It was overheating and the HDMI would stop sending to the TV. I left it on for a few hours prior to the tech arriving and it was acting up when he checked it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...