Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

C-41 Client HDMI Handshake Problem

hdmi handshake genie mini

Best Answer mobilelawyer , 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

A couple of things to try on the AVR (perform each step and if it works, skip the remaining steps):

1. Pull the power plug for a minute and plug it back in (this has fixed my TX-NR809 when it had a pretty much identical problem a few times).

The first suggestion on your list totally fixed the problem! When the receiver is deprived of power, it goes through the set up process again for the HDMI connections, and it totally cleared up the problem. Thanks so much. That was so simple I may actually be able to remember it the next time this happens!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

This issue just appeared with my C-41 mini, and I have not been able to resolve it.

The mini feeds the hdmi input to my Onkyo NR-626 receiver, which I use to switch sources to my Panasonic Plasma TV. Several days ago, I lost video on that connection. Audio can be heard intermittently, but there is no video. I tried turning the mini on and an off, turning the receiver on and off, and turning the TV on and off, to no avail. The other video sources being switched by the receiver work fine, but the feed from the mini keeps having the same problem. I have used several different kinds of hdmi cables, and all have the same problem.

If I reset the mini, video does appear during he welcome screen process, but then disappears. If I feed the hdmi directly from the C-41 to the TV, normal video is seen.

I have been using the C-41 for several months on this set up, and this is the first time I have seen this problem. Is there a recent software update that could be the culprit, and has anyone else seen this issue crop up recently?

mobilelawyer
at your service

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Check the settings in the Onkyo for this connection to see if it changed.

Change the C41 connection to a different input on the Onkyo.

See if either of those work.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,950 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

A couple of things to try on the AVR (perform each step and if it works, skip the remaining steps):

1. Pull the power plug for a minute and plug it back in (this has fixed my TX-NR809 when it had a pretty much identical problem a few times).
2. Make sure nothing is connected to HDMI SUB (this may be confusing EDID or HDCP negotiation)
3. Set Picture Mode to "Bypass" (disable upconversion and video processing)
4. Check your HDMI Through settings to see if they make sense (which device passes HDMI when the AVR is in standby mode)

If you haven't tried a different HDMI input (as jimmie57 suggested), you should do that in conjunction with step 2.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM   Best Answer

The first suggestion on your list totally fixed the problem! When the receiver is deprived of power, it goes through the set up process again for the HDMI connections, and it totally cleared up the problem. Thanks so much. That was so simple I may actually be able to remember it the next time this happens!

mobilelawyer
at your service

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,950 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm glad it worked as well for you as it has for me.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdmi handshake, genie mini

Protected By... spam firewall...And...