Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

211k receiver

OTA tuner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

I have a 211k receiver and our OTA PBS translator runs their main channel plus two sub channels. Their 3rd channel (2nd sub) runs three streams of audio (1) NPR News (2) NPR Music and (3) KMHD Jazz. With the OTA tuner in the TV, I can toggle between all three of these audio services. Can I do that with the 211k receiver? I have never found a way to switch from the NPR News sub channel over to the other ones. Thanks.

Patrick

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Nope. What you're talking about is MTS.

DISH doesn't support MTS beyond the scope of SAP (where only alternate languages are supported). Any of this stuff gets lost in the transcoding to MPEG4 I'd imagine.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Where do I find SAP on the 211k? One digital OTA tuner I have carries all of the audio services under SAP. I have never even found SAP with the 211k receiver menu.

Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,723 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

That is the problem. DISH allows the selection of languages, not SAP channels. As all the audio feeds on your channel 28-03 (if I understand the station correctly) are marked as "English" DISH doesn't allow you to select "Spanish" or another language to get the SAP feed (although, it is worth a shot). You may be able to get something different by selecting "Alternate" audio in the audio settings on your receiver.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

The channel is:

KOPB 10.1  PBS

KOPB 10.2  OPB+

KOPB 10.3  NPR News

KOPB 10.3  NPR Music

KOPB 10.3 KMHD (Jazz)

I'll try the alternate language on the channel, but I presume whatever language I pick will be the same on all channels. I might be interesting to try though.

Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

On my TV, Chan 8.4 has two PBS audio feeds.  I note on my TV that the second feed says it is "French".  When I go to the 211k and select "French" I get the second audio feed. 

Simply go to "Preferences", "Alternate Audio" and choose other languages.  Don't just stop on Spanish.  Also, try it with your TV tuner and notice what it displays for the alternate audio channels.  Also, make sure you click on "Done".  The audio doesn't change until you do so.

Edited by MikeW, 26 August 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks. I will try that. There are a lot of alternate languages listed there. I tried last night, but did not hit Done, so that may be why it did not work.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...