Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

COPS Crew Member Shot During Holdup

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) — Gunfire in Omaha, Nebraska left a robbery suspect dead and a COPS television show crew member critically wounded Tuesday night.

“The suspect in the armed robbery has since been declared deceased at the hospital,” said Deputy Chief Baker. “The other person transported to the hospital at that time was a member of the COPS television program."

He was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.

http://www.kake.com/...-272881671.html

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

What I have not heard was whether or not the crew member was on the job riding with the police or was it just a case of wrong place, wrong time?

On a different note, I dont know if this is a reflection of the people who watch COPS or just the general viewership of KAKE-TV but here are the first two comments on the story:

jeez i hope he is okey. that is my most favorist show to wach in the hole wide wurld!!

mines 2!!!

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Crew member has died.

Shots that hit him were fired by police.

#4 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

OK, its time to cancel this, then.

I thought it had been cancelled a decade ago. Stations I work for rerun episodes that go as far back as 1992 all of the time.

Not only is it a bad day if you end up on Cops, but the world gets to see it replayed for decades into the future. I can't stand the damned thing, especially because that dumb song gets stuck in my head (wish I held the publishing rights).

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,749 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

The bad guy had a pellet gun, yet the guy standing next to a cop get shot with a bullet. They are lucky they didn't kill anyone else.

It would be easier to accept if the bullet came from the criminal's gun.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

^^  #5 (that I know of) in the last few months where a complete innocent is killed by police while they were shooting at someone else.

#7 OFFLINE   Tisby

Tisby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

^^  #5 (that I know of) in the last few months where a complete innocent is killed by police while they were shooting at someone else.

What were the locations and rough dates of these? I can't believe I've completely missed 5 screw-ups.

#8 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

This is very sad......

#9 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

What were the locations and rough dates of these? I can't believe I've completely missed 5 screw-ups.

Look up Andrea Rebello, Maria Godinez, and Misty Holt-Singh for starters.  I can't find names on the others right now, but one was a small child.

#10 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

The Cops sound technician was wearing body armor, but the round entered under (or through?) his arm.

The sound man was entering the Wendys and the robber was trying to exit via the same door.  Apparently the robber aimed his Airsoft gun at the police men and they opened up on him.

There is unreleased video of the encounter.

My understanding was the videographer entered the same door the police did, the robber attempted to exit the opposite side.

The order taker at Wendys was on local TV and was very scared of the robber, she was convinced the gun was real.  She had already given him the drive thru cash and was entering her ID # on the main counter register when the shoot out occurred. 

Despite a lengthy record, the robbers family is upset with how the police handled the situation.

#11 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

OK, its time to cancel this, then.

I thought it had been cancelled a decade ago. Stations I work for rerun episodes that go as far back as 1992 all of the time.

Not only is it a bad day if you end up on Cops, but the world gets to see it replayed for decades into the future. I can't stand the damned thing, especially because that dumb song gets stuck in my head (wish I held the publishing rights).

I agree.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#12 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,916 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

Look up Andrea Rebello, Maria Godinez, and Misty Holt-Singh for starters.  I can't find names on the others right now, but one was a small child.

If the one you're thinking about an NYPD officer killing a three month old, that got around by people that didn't realize the original source was a fake news site.

#13 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,937 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

I can't believe that I was unaware that COPS was still on the air.

I had a SL set up for Spike, but it just kept recording reruns and filling up my DVR.

When and where are the new shows being aired?

#14 OFFLINE   amh84

amh84

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNogales, Arizona

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Why cancel? Shootings are an unfortunate part of law enforcement but a part of the job nonetheless. This is one of the few true reality shows without any staging.

HR34-700, HR22-100, C31 x3

Protected By... spam firewall...And...