Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to wake a sleeping 222k

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ZandarKoad

ZandarKoad

Mentor

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

I've tried everything I could think of. I was told the 222s would come back on by themselves after a nightly update if I scheduled an auto tune time. But no luck. I also noticed the 222s don't take the update when they say they will. It's always a little behind (30 minutes? 60 minutes?). Does anyone know how to get 222 to come back on automatically?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,688 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Try setting a timer for 4:30am or something significantly later than the FINISH of the nightly reboot.

I'm having a hard time imagining how it could take so long to boot a non-DVR.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,663 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I'm having a hard time imagining how it could take so long to boot a non-DVR.

It could very well be the quality of the  Dish receivers is something to be a shame of?…... 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

Funny you should mention that.

Mine is set for 6:30 AM for the update, and it use to resume what ever channel it was on.[ after the UD] I'm not normally up at that time, but a few times I've noticed the receiver is off.

Is that what is happening?

Should add, I noticed this because I fell asleep in front of it

Edited by satcrazy, 31 August 2014 - 10:21 PM.

chris

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

You can turn off the "inactivity timer" which will prevent it from going into standby due to inactivity... but the receiver will eventually want to reboot and will prompt and if you aren't there to click "no" it will reboot and land in standby when it is finished.

The only workaround here is say scheduling that to happen at 5am and then setting an Autotune for say 6am to be safe.  Of course this assumes no recordings are scheduled to fire in that time that would cause the nightly reboot to happen later than the scheduled time... and every once in a while weather can factor in and change things for you too.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

You can turn off the "inactivity timer" which will prevent it from going into standby due to inactivity... but the receiver will eventually want to reboot and will prompt and if you aren't there to click "no" it will reboot and land in standby when it is finished.

The only workaround here is say scheduling that to happen at 5am and then setting an Autotune for say 6am to be safe.  Of course this assumes no recordings are scheduled to fire in that time that would cause the nightly reboot to happen later than the scheduled time... and every once in a while weather can factor in and change things for you too.

222 model never has recording capability despise old dish ceo promises

Protected By... spam firewall...And...