Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bug Report: Loss of OTA Channels

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Quaglino

John Quaglino

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:46 PM

Almost everyday I lose 2 OTA channels. When I tune to the channels, I get a message telling me the channel cannot be found. I go into setup and then readd the channels. They then work fine (full functions) for about a day. Both channels run 24/7.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:51 PM

I have the same problem with 1 channel.
Allen

#3 OFFLINE   alipka

alipka

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:28 PM

I had the same thing today with about 5 or 6 channels. They were working fine for weeks prior to this, and they were coming in well on my DISH 6000 at the same time. Deleted them, re-found them: worked fine.

#4 OFFLINE   H2OSkier

H2OSkier

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:39 AM

I've lost count how many times I've had to re-add my OTA channels. When I lose them I seem to lose all of them. To me this would rank up near the top of what I would like to see fixed soon.

Ken

#5 OFFLINE   sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:43 PM

I lost one as well. Just readded it and everything was fine.

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:13 PM

I think that we (meaning Eldon and me) may be narrowing in on the cause of this problem. That's about all I can say for now, but there are some things happening that are looking promising.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#7 OFFLINE   Interprises

Interprises

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:24 AM

Just FYI -- I, too, continue to have a serious problem with OTA corruption, since L149. I can re-add, but they remove themselves within short time; usually one day. Also, one channel - '75' - remains in the guide, but does not appear in the Local Channels modification screen. In other words, it's not available for removal. In fact, we don't even have a channel 75 in this area. Selecting the channel from the guide brings up a blank screen; doesn't say acquiring signal or not found.

#8 OFFLINE   rrg

rrg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:51 AM

Ch. 75 seems to be what the WB's signal re-maps to on ATSC if the downlink isn't being handled properly by the affiliate (just as PBS affiliates are often mapped to Ch. 80).

#9 OFFLINE   Bogney

Bogney

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:46 AM

Ch. 75 seems to be what the WB's signal re-maps to on ATSC if the downlink isn't being handled properly by the affiliate (just as PBS affiliates are often mapped to Ch. 80).

My understanding is that it is actually done on purpose by the local station. The idea was to have most WB stations remap to channel 75 in addition to their analog channel number. That way, no matter what city you are in, you can always find the WB on channel 75.

#10 OFFLINE   Interprises

Interprises

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for clarifying that, guys!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...