Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

At least E* should have negotiated some pre-season OOM MLB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:07 AM

Thursday Blackouts on WSBK and NESN.

Saturday Blackout on FSN New York.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:09 AM

Last season E* blacked out some Spring games but not all. It was random and
sporadic and just plain stupid. Why black out exhibition games?

#3 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:49 AM

My memory/perception of last year is that E* left spring games in the clear until somebody noticed. Once a source started getting blacked out, it stayed blacked out. WSBK was good for about 10 days. Tampa Bay was the last holdout IIRC.

Now last year's folks probably remember, so it'll be blackouts from Day One. :( I completely agree that exhibition games serve as teasers for the regular season, but I guess MLB doesn't think so.

Of course, we'll still get "unscheduled" games and game fragments just as we do in the regular season. My modest hope is to get replays in the clear, just as we do with NBA and NHL replays, but I'll bet that has something to do with carrying NBA Center Court and NHL Center Ice.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

spam firewall