Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

vet staduim in phildelphia Rip

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

Its going down On March 21st :(

I worked there for 2 yrs
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dummyproof

dummyproof

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:06 AM

Somebody better give Dubya a heads up... no doubt he would blame it on the "evil doer's" if not told ahead of time.

#3 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:20 PM

From what spotswriters/casters in MN have been saying for 20 years, you may not be able to see a difference between a pile of Vets. rubble and the Vet. still standing (only a joke :D ). I never had the pleasure in seeing it for myself.

#4 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

6 days until its history RIP
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#5 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:49 AM

I won't miss Veterans Stadium and neither will many athletes. That old turf had to be one of the worst playing surfaces ever in football and baseball history.

#6 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:36 AM

I'm sure when they start digging through the rubble they'll find some old decayed ACL and MCL's :D

#7 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 12:04 PM

Hundreds of surgeons will bow their heads in tribute to the awful turf that gave them so MUCH work from rich customers...........

Jeez, now my beloved Giants will have the WORST surface in football now. (Anyone remember when a preseason football game at the Vet was called due to the poor condition of the astroturf?) POSTPONED DUE TO TURF Actually showed up in some boxscores that weekend.....
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

Your beloved Giants used to have the worse field in pro football. Last year, however, the Meadowlands installed FieldTurf, a new type of artificial turf, that looks and plays like grass. It's actually a very good field now, esp. for an artificial surface. The same type of field was installed a couple of years ago at Seahawks' Stadium in Seattle, and a recent NFL Players Union survey ranked it number 3 of all fields in the NFL, better than 20 of the grass fields. Here's a link if you're interested in learning more about FieldTurf:

FieldTurf site

#9 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 02:53 PM

I stand corrected. Hmm, my local TV station used to deride the "painted mud" of the trays they were using for a while. I missed the story on them replacing it. I guess it is more newsworthy to complain about a bad situation, than to talk about a solution being implemented....
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:39 PM

Well, the implosion looked impressive on TV this morning.

It was carried by KYW, WPVI, WCAU, WTXF and Comcast Sports Net. Notably absent was WPSG.

#11 OFFLINE   dummyproof

dummyproof

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:39 PM

Well, the implosion looked impressive on TV this morning.

It was carried by KYW, WPVI, WCAU, WTXF and Comcast Sports Net. Notably absent was WPSG.

Fox News quoted a Senior Bush Administration Advisor as saying "While we don't have conclusive evidence that al-Qaida was responsible, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something eventually." He went on to say "It is true that the President kept referring to it as the 'explosion in Philadelphia', but we were finally able to convince him that 'implosion' was a real word when we brought in the First Lady to back us up. Once again... the illustrated dictionary she brought with her proved to be a real time saver."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...