Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Simpson's Nearing the End??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 06:37 AM

The end may be near for the highly popular animated series "The Simpsons", reports The Financial Times.

"Simpsons" creator Matt Groening has admitted increased difficulty in coming up with new and surprising story-lines for the show's characters.

"It becomes increasingly difficult as the years go by to keep on not only surprising the audience, but surprising ourselves," Groening told the Financial Times. "I think we are closer to winding it up."

Another factor in the possible cancellation of "The Simpsons" is the lack of involvement Groening has in the show, which has been steadily declining over the years.

Full Story
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Brian Rector

Brian Rector

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 03:39 PM

The report has been denied by Matt Groening.

http://webcenter.new...35603_aolns.src

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 07:18 PM

It is amazing how The Simpons can be around for so long and still be funny! Even though the report is false, I wouldn't be surprised if The Simpsons comes to an end in the next couple of years. It would be similar to the way Seinfeld ended - stepping out of the scene on a high note.

#4 OFFLINE   DamonM

DamonM

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 09:36 PM

I never have found The Simpsons to be anything more than annoying. I like "King of the Hill" myself. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...