Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What new HD channels would you like to see?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   willy

willy

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:32 PM

What new HD channels would you like to see? Im not talking about ones that already exist (BravoHD), and NON-MOVIE channels. Other than IN-HD there doesnt seem to be much out there (that I can think of) that E* could snatch up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Christ ANYTHING on Dish by now!!!

#3 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:20 PM

Seriously, it's been 6 months since they added any..........

It must be that there is "NO compelling content out there" as Charlie said in 2003 on a Chat.

Uh, Cinemax HD, StarzHD, Bravo HD, Movie Channel HD, IN HD, to say nothing of the broadcast networks (Is a national Fox HD feed next when D* gets one?)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   nuts4scuba

nuts4scuba

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:25 PM

People mention wanting INhd, but looking at their website it says it is available on cable only. I wonder if they will let the sat companies pick this up?

#5 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

VOOM just picked up PlayboyHD, can't wait...Saturday seems soooooo far away. :lol:

Seriously, I would love to have Sci Fi in HD.
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#6 OFFLINE   willy

willy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:06 PM

Seriously, it's been 6 months since they added any..........

It must be that there is "NO compelling content out there" as Charlie said in 2003 on a Chat.

Uh, Cinemax HD, StarzHD, Bravo HD, Movie Channel HD, IN HD, to say nothing of the broadcast networks (Is a national Fox HD feed next when D* gets one?)

Uh, I said non-movie channels. INHD is cable only. I dont want to have to pay $10-$15 for every movie package when I already spend $10 for the hd pack. People want more HD, and I was curious what they'd want within these lines.

#7 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

INHD has told me that they will sell their service to a satellite provider, but none have tried to make any sort of a contract with them, at this point. I wish both D* and E* would pick their great channels up.

#8 OFFLINE   garypen

garypen

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:30 PM

INHD has told me that they will sell their service to a satellite provider, but none have tried to make any sort of a contract with them, at this point. I wish both D* and E* would pick their great channels up.

I thought InHD was owned by the major cable companies.

Originally posted by WeeJavaDude
I have to agree with Gary.
Originally posted by Jacob S
Originally posted by Randall DBS
Yep you know it. I have to agree with Gary.

#9 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:42 PM

InHD has alot of the same programming as HDNet.

#10 OFFLINE   dcarpa

dcarpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:57 PM

I would say something that would show off the benefits of HD - like the travel channel or an adult HD channel (playboy is OK, but something not so commercial - i'd put a hold on the hard core HD for now, not sure if it will be more shock or more awe, sorry for the pun)

Actually - a simple program showing something like painting and scupltures and scenery without commercials - something for the background when good content isnt on

#11 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 08 March 2004 - 11:01 PM

I would like InHD 1 and 2. What about Wealth TV? This is a new lifestyle HD channel.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#12 OFFLINE   mica618

mica618

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:41 AM

I vote for The Travel channel as what better way to see the world than in HD and sitting on your couch and not costing you anything except for the programming fee. :)

#13 OFFLINE   JohnGfun

JohnGfun

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:47 AM

I would like everything VOOM has. ( For that price )

#14 OFFLINE   codeman_00

codeman_00

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:05 AM

I'd like to see all the major networks that I can't get.... NBC (HD), WB (HD), and Fox (HD). Most of you get these through an off air antenna, but I only have an ABC (HD) in my area. Luckily CBS-HD is available to me..otherwise I would really be without.

#15 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:49 AM

How about HD locals (not necessarily from within your DMA) without requiring a waiver? Even without this Viacom mess, I can't get CBS-HD from New York. I have lousy Grade B coverage from two different CBS affiliates! I suppose this is more a legal or FCC issue, though.

In any case, how about HD for the remaining movie channels which are available but not carried by Dish (e.g. Cinemax HD)? How about adding more channels to the HD Package without raising the price? I mean christ, ESPN-HD shows maybe a half dozen HD events a week; other than that it's premium priced "stretch vision"!

#16 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:14 AM

How about Nickelodeon, and other Viacom stations :lol:
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#17 OFFLINE   garypen

garypen

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 12:33 PM

How about Nickelodeon, and other Viacom stations :lol:

Unless HD stands for "Hookup DirecTV", that's about as likely as the Mets making it to the Series this year. ;)

Originally posted by WeeJavaDude
Originally posted by Jacob S
Originally posted by Randall DBS
Yep you know it. I have to agree with Gary.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...