Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rumor: YES Coming soon to E*

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

http://www.satellite...74095#post74095

Scott is quoting a source inside E* who tells him that E* is very close to inking a deal with YES. It makes sense with the Extra Innings offering.... If you want to charge for MLB baseball you BETTER carry the most popular team.

Once again, full disclosure... I'm a Mets fan so it didn't hurt me to not have the Yanks, but there are a lot in my area who avoided E* because of this missing channel. The addition of this channel would now leave the NFL as the last remaining satellite exclusive for D*.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:24 PM

March Madness Package and CollegeSportsTV as well.....:D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

CBS-local + CBS-NY + CBS-LA = enough March Madness for me .... for free even. :)

CSTV would be a nice add, but last time I looked there programming was still a bit thin, hope they continue to add stuff.

By the way, only E* has GolTV ... and Bingo TV! :raspberry

#4 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:04 PM

Seems like a poor business decision at this point.

Anyone who wants YES has already switched to D* and NO ONE is likely to return after having used a Tivo.....
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#5 OFFLINE   juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:13 PM

Seems like a poor business decision at this point.

Anyone who wants YES has already switched to D* and NO ONE is likely to return after having used a Tivo.....

Not true pleanty of disatisfied comcast and cablevision subscribers who dont want D* high prices or theirtv viewing patterns collected by John Ashecroft :eek2: :D ..would still be willing to switch

#6 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:47 PM

I've got 5 cable subscribers ready to switch once E* gets YES here in NJ.....

1 is chomping at the bit and WAS going D* but is waiting now that I told him it was likely that E* was picking it up soon....
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:47 PM

Arbitration decision is in. Cablevision must carry YES on expanded Basic.

http://abclocal.go.c...isionyanks.html
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:01 PM

I don't know whether this is good or bad news..... The precedent is set that EVERYONE has to get it in "Expanded Basic" (Is this an AT120 equivalent or an AT60?)., BUT the price was lowered per subscriber to less than $2 a subscriber.

Now we'll see how Charlie reacts........

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:59 PM

D* has it in their TotalChoice packs for subs in Yankee Territory and in Sports pack for outsite Yankee territory. Whats the E* Equivalent?
Dan Sholtis

#10 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:08 PM

Dish Network's equivalent is America's Top 120. I have serious doubts that Dish will make it available in the Sports Pack though.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#11 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:56 AM

Another news story:

http://www.newsday.c...ports-headlines

#12 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

So if they are saying that 5+ million subscribers currently have YES outside of Cablevision, plus another 2 million cablevision subscribers, then 7 million*1.85*12= $155.4 million per year! :eek2: (My numbers might be off because I can't get back to the linked story) No wonder why the Yankees had no problem getting ARod. Plus they have huge licensing deals (T-shirts, etc) plus huge ticket prices, plus concessions...
Their payroll is certaintly not a loss leader for Steinbrenner.

#13 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

Don't forget advertising revenues will increase with the subscriber increase.

Only way Icould get a box seat to a game was to find Detroit, in July, in the middle of the day, and the week.....

It sucks if you don't have season tix.
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#14 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:02 AM

So, less than 24 hours to the Yankees opener (vs. Tampa Bay, in Tokyo, 03/30 5:00 AM EST). This would certainly be the right day to announce YES Network is available to Dish subs ... but this is one where I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think the two games in Japan are critical, but if a deal isn't signed prior to the home opener on 04/06, I'd say the likelyhood of seeing YES on E* this year goes way way down ...

(Edit - as Satellite Guys did list this as a "rumor", I'll cut them slack on this one. I do hope the rumor turns out to be correct. :gott: )

#15 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:17 AM

The Tuesday game is also on ESPN 2.

#16 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:01 PM

Last year on Direc Tv I hated that whenever the Yankees were on the road Direc Tv carried the YES version of the Yankee game for every Yankee game played. No matter if the home team had there game televised on there own regional sports network. The Home Teams RSN was Blacked out and YES was always on. And I live nowhere near the Yankees home viewing area. The same went for Red Sox Games on NESN. Home or Road the Red Sox game was available on NESN.

#17 Guest_Un-lucky_*

Guest_Un-lucky_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:29 PM

Last year on Direc Tv I hated that whenever the Yankees were on the road Direc Tv carried the YES version of the Yankee game for every Yankee game played. No matter if the home team had there game televised on there own regional sports network. The Home Teams RSN was Blacked out and YES was always on. And I live nowhere near the Yankees home viewing area. The same went for Red Sox Games on NESN. Home or Road the Red Sox game was available on NESN.

Do you get both versions of some games in extra innings?

#18 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

Do you get both versions of some games in extra innings?

Nope you dont.
Dan Sholtis

#19 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:36 PM

No. If For Example the Yankees were playing a game on the Road in Chicago. If the White Sox-Yankees game was available on Fox Sports Net Chicago and YES Network. Fox Sports Net Chicago would be blacked out for the entire country (Except Chicago) And Everyone else was forced to watch the game on YES. The Exact same Scenario for Boston Red Sox Road Games on NESN. Last year this happend and I am wondering if the same is going to happen again this baseball season. We'll find out in about a week when the season starts.

#20 OFFLINE   oblio98

oblio98

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:31 AM

What sucks is that even though we don't get YES in the NY area on Dish, the ESPN2 feed is blacked out here on Dish (for this mornings Yankee opener in Japan). WTF?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...