Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

$40 channel list

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   peterd

peterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:04 PM

Would somone with the basic ($40) Voom package please post a list of the HD channels? (Or point me to someplace where the list is already available online.) I've looked through their website, but haven't found a full list of which channels are included for $40/month.

Thanks!
Peter
(New to this forum, but far from a newbie!) :)

921 Info (so I don't forget it in bug reports) :grin:
SW: L188HECD-N
Boot: 120B
Flash: F051

HR10-250 Info (no bug reports) :D
SW: 3.1.5D-01-2-357
Capacity: 500 GB (63hrs HD)
NIC: Linksys USB100TX

SW64, DISH 300 @148 & DISH 500 w. duals.
119 split off DISH 500, combined with 110 Sat-C LNB on 24" dish and 101 from GainMaster (D* 101 + BEV 91 & 82)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rickaren

rickaren

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

Peter:

Several sources for List, even on VOOM's Site. Just got it installed Wednesday and hooked to Home Theater today. Main Channels are Voom's HD Channels 100-130 for 21, plus you will receive HBO HD East(may be a sample) plus Discovery HD, Bravo HD. At least one of the above is part of package. To add the Movie HD's they cost $14.90 (1 free) or $79.90 gets you everything. I have 16 OTA Locals plus 130 other channels for that $39.90 price. Great deal. Really happy so far but have everything from DirecTV too and Locals that can be recorded by TiVO. Since no HD recorder yet for VOOM, will keep most of present DirecTV and HD and watch VOOM live. Wife watched a Dog Show tonight in HD from VOOM. Looked great and lasted about two hours, and was first complete show watched. Kind of like having about 20 HDNET & HD NET Movie channels instead of two from DirecTV! Was going to buy HD TiVO, but will wait to see what VOOM does and enjoy all these HD programs now and save that money.
Rick

Samsung HL67A750
2-Panasonic LCD TC-23LX50
1-Panasonic LCD TC-32LX50
ONKYO HT-S9100THX Receiver/Speaker Package
DirecTV HR22/AM21 W Slimline 5LNB
DISH HD VIP 622 DVR w/ Platinum programing
Onyko Blu-Ray DV-BD606
Harmony ONE Remote

My Construction of HT
http://community.web...ser/rickaren103

#3 OFFLINE   peterd

peterd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:37 AM

Rick -

Thanks for the info. As I said, I looked all over Voom's site. All I found was the entire channel list (nothing that specifically says which channels are in the basic package).

Focusing just on HD channels, do I understand correctly that the $40 package includes all HD except HBO (not counting the HBO-HD East sample), SHO, Starz, TMC and Cinemax? In other words, channels 100-130, 501, 601 and 999?

Thanks
Peter
(New to this forum, but far from a newbie!) :)

921 Info (so I don't forget it in bug reports) :grin:
SW: L188HECD-N
Boot: 120B
Flash: F051

HR10-250 Info (no bug reports) :D
SW: 3.1.5D-01-2-357
Capacity: 500 GB (63hrs HD)
NIC: Linksys USB100TX

SW64, DISH 300 @148 & DISH 500 w. duals.
119 split off DISH 500, combined with 110 Sat-C LNB on 24" dish and 101 from GainMaster (D* 101 + BEV 91 & 82)

#4 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

The VOOM website has to rank as one of the most annoying and uninformative web sites that exists. It is almost impossible to find out any information on it. They need to have the channels listed that are available in a list not some funky sideways scrolling logo screen.

They also need a clear listing of charges.

#5 OFFLINE   rickaren

rickaren

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:19 AM

Peter & Others:

As of this Sunday A.M. I have the following HD Channels (you can sort to view only real HD programs now playing on program guide) I have 19 in the first 130 channels. I do receive HBO HD EAST on 201 but as of this time the program is NOT HD, but if it was I could view it in HD. I do not receive HBO HD WEST that presently has an HD program showing on 202 and states you need to Up-grade to view. Same for Cinemax HD EAST (221) and TMC HD (251). I do receive Bravo HD (501) and Discovery (601) and they are both now showing an HD program. Since no customer of VOOM is presently receiving any billing for programing and since I have been on it less than a week, it's anyones guess as to what the one free HD Marquee that is part of the $39.90 package includes, I think. Some discussions suggest that you may have your choice to pick one of the packages, but the VOOM Web Site states it is Discovery HD Theater. Time will tell if my HBO EAST and Bravo HD stay. I can state that their picture quality are stunning and every bit as good as HDNET on DirecTV and local PBS OTA, that I presently receive also. They are better that other HD programing presently being shown by DirecTV! Add to it that all OTA channels (HD & SD) are much clearer than I receive now on my HD DirecTV receiver (that may be due to the free outside antenna VOOM installed or just a better HD receiver or both) I am very pleased with VOOM. Some have complained about their SD channels not being crisp but most I have viewed look good, too. To soon to say I will drop DirecTV completely due to some Sports (SD &HD) and my Locals that will only be available from DirecTV and my major investment in their equipment (TiVO's & HD receiver) but VOOM will allow me to reduce some of the cost of their programing especially when VOOM brings out their own PVR. Hope this helps some.

Peter, TRY VOOM with no commitment, no equipment charge, and free installation now (limited-time offer?) and don't cancel your DISH service until you compare it to VOOM!
Rick

Samsung HL67A750
2-Panasonic LCD TC-23LX50
1-Panasonic LCD TC-32LX50
ONKYO HT-S9100THX Receiver/Speaker Package
DirecTV HR22/AM21 W Slimline 5LNB
DISH HD VIP 622 DVR w/ Platinum programing
Onyko Blu-Ray DV-BD606
Harmony ONE Remote

My Construction of HT
http://community.web...ser/rickaren103

#6 Guest_John Howard_*

Guest_John Howard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:02 PM

Here's your VOOM channel list:
http://www.voom.com/...gram_guide.html
You're welcome. :)

The VOOM website has to rank as one of the most annoying and uninformative web sites that exists. It is almost impossible to find out any information on it. They need to have the channels listed that are available in a list not some funky sideways scrolling logo screen.

They also need a clear listing of charges.

#7 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:41 PM

Would somone with the basic ($40) Voom package please post a list of the HD channels? (Or point me to someplace where the list is already available online.) I've looked through their website, but haven't found a full list of which channels are included for $40/month.

Thanks!

Here's an Excel spreasheet that someone else posted and I enhanced it.

Attached Files

<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#8 OFFLINE   Al K

Al K

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:06 PM

Like peterd, I've been looking for a definition of the Voom programming package. Thanks John Howard and DarrellP.

Al Keown

spam firewall