Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Price of X-Box, PS2 to drop in April

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,187 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:37 PM

The WSJ reported today (Friday) that MicroSoft, maker of the X-Box, will drop the price of its game machine by $30, to $149 next month. The X-Box's main competitor, Sony's Play Station 2 is expected to follow suit.

Yahoo story

Other unconfirmed sources predict X-Box will drop to $99 before year end, in anticipation of the release of X-Box II

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 05:19 PM

Hmmmm. Might have to buy another for when Halo2 ships. Cooperative and head to head games will be real fun when we can't cheat and look at their viewscreen..
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:02 PM

I was almost ready to fork out the cash for a Play Station 2 earlier this year, solely for the Grand Theft Auto series. But I got GTA3 for PC last month and GTA2 for PC can be had at WalMart for $9. I don't know if Vice City is out for PC yet or not, but I'm sure eventually I'll get it. I'm not really a gamer but from watching TechTV there are a few games out there I'd enjoy, Mafia, VIII and GTA, but I'd rather have them for PC rather then consol. I never took advantage of my graphics card in my last computer, but I want to take advantage of it in my new one.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   Jasonbp

Jasonbp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 07:49 PM

MS; lowering the Xbox, and you know Sony will follow with a PS2 drop. I doubt Nintendo would drop (below $99) because they "can't" meet the demand now, because of the "shortage".

Oh...and the L.E. Xbox its talking about is: "Halo Elite Force Limited Edition Xbox". You get: the "Halo" game, an Xbox in transparent green (with the 'Halo' logo on the Xbox) with a controller to match.
[url="http://www.illwillpress.com/"][/url]

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:41 AM

Halo is the MOST addictive game since Doom hit my computer in 1993.

The PC version is nowhere near as good to the XBox version due to slowdown issues and various other glitches (and you thought only E* had problems with technology).

After 30 months of having this game, I STILL play it frequently with my son and I, who have become quite the alien invasion repellers. BTW, if your curious, I've finished it on the hardest level (try to get there if you can... a slightly different ending shares a tender moment between a Covenant Elite and a Marine before the Halo World blows up......
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   RichW

RichW

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:37 PM

My favorite is still Morrowind. I bought the Game Of The Year Edition at Christmas. I put about 200 hours of play into the origianl game and have about 100 hours in GOTY.

I prefer strategy games over arcade shooters simply because my motor skills aren't that great - used them up in real "shooters" in Southeast Asia. :)

spam firewall