Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New HD Tivo release info

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:40 AM

Reports from various sources on the the net are saying that now the HD Tivo units will be shipping around the middle of April. My supplier has also confirmed this info.

Looks like we will be waiting just a little while longer. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:04 AM

That's starting to sound a little familiar. Maybe the tivo folks are going to actually fix any problems they are having *before* releasing to the public... :)
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:35 AM

Reports from various sources on the the net are saying that now the HD Tivo units will be shipping around the middle of April. My supplier has also confirmed this info.

Robert from Value Electronics leaves tonight for California to help with shipping out the first 200 units he's receiving tomorrow to the first on the big pre-order list (http://www.tivocommu...016#post1841016).

I think it's a fair statement that most retailers aren't going to be seeing many or any units till mid-April, but shipping of them begins tomorrow.

In this thread http://www.avsforum....threadid=385151 it's pretty well backed up that Robert at Value Electronics has a reliable source at DirecTV for accurate info about this. ;)
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#4 Guest_slocko_*

Guest_slocko_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:37 AM

I know one internet dealer who will be in California tomorrow shipping the first 200 of which I am in the top 30 ;)

#5 OFFLINE   sunking

sunking

Godfather

• Registered
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:35 AM

Robert from Value Electronics leaves tonight for California to help with shipping out the first 200 units he's receiving tomorrow to the first on the big pre-order list (http://www.tivocommu...016#post1841016).

I think it's a fair statement that most retailers aren't going to be seeing many or any units till mid-April, but shipping of them begins tomorrow.

In this thread http://www.avsforum....threadid=385151 it's pretty well backed up that Robert at Value Electronics has a reliable source at DirecTV for accurate info about this. ;)

So units are shipping from CA directly to those who bought? Or are they shipping from CA to NY, then to the customers? I only ask because I live in MA so just did regular UPS, if it's coming from CA to the home I may have thought about upgrading.

#6 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:42 AM

So units are shipping from CA directly to those who bought? Or are they shipping from CA to NY, then to the customers? I only ask because I live in MA so just did regular UPS, if it's coming from CA to the home I may have thought about upgrading.

Yeah, the first two orders are going to get shipped from California where the units cross into the US. We went through those sorts of shipping-change headaches when that was first mentioned in the big pre-order thread. ;)

Technically you won't get it later because of this; if the units had been shipped to NY first, it would've delayed everybody... but it does reshuffle expectations. You might possibly still be able to upgrade your shipping if you call Value Electronics now.

Beginning with the 3rd shipment, they'll be coming from the usual distributor locations around the country; apparently still not directly from Robert's business location.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#7 Guest_slocko_*

Guest_slocko_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:43 AM

Direct from CA. You can try faxing your original paperwork with the word amend written on top and change the shipping to overnight. 70 dollars.

#8 Guest_slocko_*

Guest_slocko_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:44 AM

darn it Doug, you do less work than I do!

Yeah, the first two orders are going to get shipped from California where the units cross into the US. We went through those sorts of shipping-change headaches when that was first mentioned in the big pre-order thread. ;)

Technically you won't get it later because of this; if the units had been shipped to NY first, it would've delayed everybody... but it does reshuffle expectations. You might possibly still be able to upgrade your shipping if you call Value Electronics now.

Beginning with the 3rd shipment, they'll be coming from the usual distributor locations around the country; apparently still not directly from Robert's business location.

#9 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info Doug. I hope everything falls into place.

#10 OFFLINE   sunking

sunking

Godfather

• Registered
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:34 PM

Direct from CA. You can try faxing your original paperwork with the word amend written on top and change the shipping to overnight. 70 dollars.

Not worth the $70 to wait a few extra days. Even though I'll probably end up getting it on the same day as if they had shipped to NY first, it would be nice knowing that when the first 'they have arrived at VE' appears that I'd be receiving mine in a day or two rather than a week. In the end it's all good.

#11 OFFLINE   BobJ2004

BobJ2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

I hope some one posts Pictures of it.

Screen, Box, Unit, and most importantly- the inside of the Unit.

Can some one scan the Manual? I am towards the end of the pre order list. Cant wait.

#12 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:33 PM

I hope some one posts Pictures of it.

Screen, Box, Unit, and most importantly- the inside of the Unit.

Can some one scan the Manual? I am towards the end of the pre order list. Cant wait.

I will be posting a complete review when I get mine. I will start taking pictures as soon as it shows up at the door. :)

I don't think I will be the first to get one but the information will be here.

#13 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

Well they are indeed delayed a week. :( Ack! Patience is a virtue, and I ain't got none!

#14 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:05 PM

We are now looking at Shipments to start by April 5th

Some thing about have to change the Dolby lable on the front of the box before the factory run starts. Sounds like marketing got in the way. Plus they want to do more stress testing.

#15 OFFLINE   scottrob

scottrob

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:38 AM

We are now looking at Shipments to start by April 5th

Some thing about have to change the Dolby lable on the front of the box before the factory run starts. Sounds like marketing got in the way. Plus they want to do more stress testing.

Is the additional stress testing for the product or for the folks waiting for the product? :)
Bob

#16 OFFLINE   pjboud

pjboud

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:10 PM

Chris, could you post a picture of your empty doorway. :)

#17 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:56 PM

Is the additional stress testing for the product or for the folks waiting for the product? :)

I was wondering that myself. ;) Maybe DirecTV is stress testing some of their dealers too.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#18 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:58 PM

If Robert from VE can pass the test he can take on anything!

I was wondering that myself. ;) Maybe DirecTV is stress testing some of their dealers too.

#19 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:15 PM

Chris, could you post a picture of your empty doorway. :)

Here ya go! :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• wheresmydtivo.JPG

#20 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:18 PM

LOL!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...