Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What do you think about SpiderMan the movie?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DDRio

DDRio

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 05:05 PM

Is the movie really that good?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 05:57 PM

For the kind of hype that it has gotten, it better be!

#3 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 12:30 PM

I see a moving van pulling up.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 07:36 PM

I don't know what to think. The premiere from Hollywood was on the G11-Ku satellite the other night for AOL as a webcast where all of the stars of the movie were interviewed and celebs showed up like Phil and Kobe of the Lakers. Will Smith was there with his kids.

The feed was up from about 5:40 to 7:25 and they showed trailers throughout the feed. Trailers looked boring, the stars to me seemed like they were just there for the paycheck and could care less (I guess the next movie will begin shooting in January of 2003). The hosts of this webcast were also boring. I didn't see anything from the trailers or hear anything from the stars that would make me want to see the film especially at the movies. I'll wait for HBO.

#5 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 05 May 2002 - 02:03 PM

Spiderman was awesome. I went to see it and Scorpion King both last night. I still think that, at the end, The Rock should Rock bottomed Michael Clarke Duncan to set up Scorpion King 2. LOL. :) Spiderman was really good though.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#6 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 03:13 PM

I thought it was very good. To be sure it took place but in a comic book world but I would not have it any other way.

I was impressed with how they added so amny element s of the comic to the movie. they even included veiled references to earlier love interests like Betty Brant and Gwen stacy. A fine film for this genre. I am glad I saw it.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#7 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 04:54 PM

I just got back from seeing it as well, I LOVED IT !!
Spiderman was flatout awesome. I highly recommend this one...a must see...I personally will give it a 8.5/10.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#8 OFFLINE   DDRio

DDRio

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 06:28 PM

SpiderMan broke all the records!!
$114 million from Friday to Monday!!

It is a pretty good movie! I'm going to see it again!

#9 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 09:10 PM

Sounds like I will have to go see this one. :D

Of couse I am waiting for Austin Powers 3.

#10 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Geronimo
I thought it was very good. To be sure it took place but in a comic book world but I would not have it any other way.

I was impressed with how they added so amny element s of the comic to the movie. they even included veiled references to earlier love interests like Betty Brant and Gwen stacy. A fine film for this genre. I am glad I saw it.

Well if you like it Pete... ummm Geronimo, I'm going to see it. :D :hi:

#11 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 06:49 AM

I almost went to see it yesterday but the first couple of shows were sold out so I would have had to wait for 2 hours for the next available seats. Didn't want to deal with that. Will try again this weekend.

To avoid this when seeing Star Wars, I've already purchased the tickets online so now I only need to show up at the door and walk right into the theater. Very cool!

#12 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 07:31 AM

OK so I'm biased.

#13 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 07:42 AM

Hey Geronimo,

Every time they said the name "Peter Parker" did you look up at the screen and go "Why do you people keep calling my name?" :D

I have got to see this film.

#14 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:24 AM

Actually I hope this causes no problems in the other forum.

But to tell you the truth the guy that ought to be proud today is one Stan "The Man" Lee. He and Steve Ditko created this guy and well it is about time that at least one of them got some recognition.

BTW believe it or not the 3 best seliing English Language authors of the 20th century were

1. Barbara Cartland
2. Theodore (Dr. Seuss) Geisel
3. Stan Lee

#15 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 03:43 PM

Spider-Man does $114,000,000.00, is that awesome or what? :eek:

I'm so happy for Spider-Man, Marvel, Sam Raimi,and the cast. The job they did was superb and their hard work and Raimi's attention to detail is seen in the movie. Their hard work has paid off with an amazing film, one of my favorite of all time! As far as Star Wars, like was mentioned before, I don't think it cant top the opening weekend mark Spider-Man has set because I've read on box office sites that the audience for Spider-Man was split 50-50 between males and females, as well as over and under 25. Star Wars probably won't be able to generate these numbers because of these statistics. Spider-Man should stay #1 for a long time!
:goodjob:

Here are some figures on what other big name movies done on opening weekend. Harry Potter did $90.3 over its opening weekend, so as you can see Spider Man trashed the record. And Harry Potter trashed the $72 million record set in 1997 by the Lost World.

Star Wars Episode 1 opened with a $64.8 million weekend (which puts it at number 7 on the all-time list for best opening weekends), however, the movie came out on a Wednesday, which meant, it had 2 days for people to see it before the counter for opening weekend started. Even if you added in the grosses from its Wed opening to the first Sunday night, it would have about $105 over its first 5 day span. Spider-Man still beat that record in only 3 days.

So its safe to say that the appeal for Spider Man was alot higher than for Phantom Menace. As to whether more people will want to see Attack of the Clones remains to be seen. HOWEVER, Fox has already announced that Episode 2 will only debut in 3300 screens, which means it will be at 300 less theaters, and about 1,000 less screens than Spider-Man did, so with that in mind, I can almost guarantee you that the Attack of the Clones will come no where close to the opening weekend of Spider-Man.

In my opinion, the record set by Spider-Man will not be beat by any movie coming out this year. :)

#16 OFFLINE   DDRio

DDRio

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 06:35 PM

I've heard that with the money they'll get for the TV rights anything above $125 million is a profit for Sony.

#17 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 06:36 AM

I was disappointed I never heard that 60s song. The song in the subway was reminiscent of it but not the same. And I stayed to the second song in the credits and it wasn't there.

#18 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 04:00 PM

you had to wait until the end of the credits, but it was there(the whole song, btw)

very good film-but am sorry they dropped gwen stacy for mary jane right off the bat-

plus-if you don't read the credits, you wouldn't know that bill nunn was playing joe robertson or that that was spose to be betty brant(and where was ned leeds?)-liked the dr conner reference and wished they had had a coda at the bugle at the end-oh well...
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#19 OFFLINE   JBKing

JBKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 03:15 PM

Didn't the director say a second villian was in this first movie, for a brief second? Other than a reference to 'Dr. Conner' aka the Lizard, I didn't see anything.

It was kinda unnerving to hear Aunt May say the word 'ass' however! :D

Otherwise, excellent flick! :)
Earl, I think you're trying to sell a cat to a guy who fancies dogs.

#20 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 06:25 PM

How about the quick trailer for the HULK, it must have lasted 30secs, but it looked pretty cool too. We got awhile to wait on that one.......summer of 2003.

spam firewall