Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I want My Sci-Fi on VOOM

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the lack of having the Sci-Fi channel keeping you from getting VOOM? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the lack of having the Sci-Fi channel keeping you from getting VOOM?

1. Yes; When they get Sci-Fi they get me. (27 votes [58.70%])

Percentage of vote: 58.70%

2. No; I am or will be a VOOM customer anyway. (19 votes [41.30%])

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Clinton Fields

Clinton Fields

The Voom guy!

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:44 PM

I have been notified by my contacts at VOOM that the Sci-Fi channel will not be coming to VOOM in the foreseeable future. I have been instructed to forward e-mails to them showing an interest in having the Sci-Fi channel on VOOM.

We can do one better; I have set up a special e-mail address for all of us to send our request to VOOM and the Sci-Fi Channel. The mail box will collect request for the next 60 days. On June 2nd I will forward every e-mail at once to my contact at VOOM and the Sci-Fi channel. Please tell all of your friends to e-mail requests to the address below.

If you are not a subscriber to VOOM and the Sci-Fi channel is deal breaker; make sure you put that in your e-mail. Please feel free to post a link to this thread anywhere it will get the most traction.

There will be Daily updates as to how many people have sent in their requests.

E-mail:<a href="mailto:IWantMySci-FiOnVOOM@LifeInHD.com?subject=I want My Sci-Fi on VOOM&body=Please bring The Sci-Fi Channel to VOOM">
I Want My Sci-Fi On VOOM</a>
May HD be with you always

Clinton Fields

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Clinton Fields

Clinton Fields

The Voom guy!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:38 AM

I just heard back from VOOM on the Sci-Fi issue. They are very pleased with this request thread and really want your feed back. On July 1st I will be forwarding all of your requests to them.

As for how many people have requested the Sci-Fi channel so far; well it has not been many at all. Since this Announcement was made I received a total of 6 e-mails out of 418 times this thread was viewed.

Please send your requests; it takes less than 10 seconds to do that.

You can click on this Link
<a href="mailto:IWantMySci-FiOnVOOM@LifeInHD.com?subject=I want My Sci-Fi on VOOM&body=Please bring The Sci-Fi Channel to VOOM">
I Want My Sci-Fi On VOOM</a>

That's it.

Lets load the mail box with requests and get Sci-Fi quickly.

Clinton Fields

#3 OFFLINE   Clinton Fields

Clinton Fields

The Voom guy!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:43 PM

So far so good.

We have received 7 new requests since this morning. That brings the grand total to 14. 14 requests is a little more than 1% of VOOM's total Subs. The goal is to get 50% of VOOM's Sub's requesting the Sci-Fi channel before July 1st. We can do it. Keep posting a link to this thead anywhere you can.

Thank you.

Clinton Fields

#4 OFFLINE   Clinton Fields

Clinton Fields

The Voom guy!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:24 AM

We are currently at 22 requests as of 12am EST. today. Please keep the mail coming, we have a long way to go.

Clinton Fields

#5 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

Clinton, have you considered going to Petitions Online to present your case?
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#6 OFFLINE   Clinton Fields

Clinton Fields

The Voom guy!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

I did think about it. It could very well be an option. I just want to finish what I started. If you want to start one I think it would be great and of course I will promote it with you.

Clinton Fields

#7 Guest_JMR_*

Guest_JMR_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:50 AM

No Sci-Fi = No Voom for me. E-mail sent

#8 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:27 AM

I emailed. But I added that I want FoxNews too. :)
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#9 OFFLINE   Godzirrah

Godzirrah

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:58 PM

What a great idea. I just did my email (though I am already a Voomer). To benefit all yoiu should advertise your email idea over at the Cableguys.com web site. There are plenty of Voomers over there with the same complaint. I'm sure you could get additional write-ins from that site as well: as follows:

http://www.satellite...isplay.php?f=24

Now if we can get ESPN and HGTV!

Go VOOOM!!!

#10 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:30 PM

I'd like to see Sci-Fi...glad they added FNC.
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#11 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,041 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:19 PM

I'd like to see Sci-Fi...glad they added FNC.

I am an E* subscriber and have been reviewing Voom for a possible change. I asked Voom when; Sci-fi, HGTV, USA Network, Lifetime, Noggin, Nick East and West, and Disney East and West were going to be added. They said they are currently under contract negotiations to provide the first 4 on this list and that it should be implemented no-later than 3rd quarter of this year. Well HGTV, Sci-Fi, and USA are channels I watch frequently so I cannot justify the 20 dollar price difference. Does anyone in here know if the above statement is legit and how probable/soon this will happen?

Thanks,
Jason

#12 Guest_Steve6767_*

Guest_Steve6767_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

I have been notified by my contacts at VOOM that the Sci-Fi channel will not be coming to VOOM in the foreseeable future.

Good! Voom is a HD provider. We do not need or want SD channels. Now, if Sci-Fi was in HD, another story. If you want SD channels, go to Dish or DirecTv.

#13 OFFLINE   GutBomb

GutBomb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

Good! Voom is a HD provider. We do not need or want SD channels. Now, if Sci-Fi was in HD, another story. If you want SD channels, go to Dish or DirecTv.

why can't it be both? don't speak for an entire customer base when you obviously don't share an opinion with all of them.

#14 OFFLINE   Neutron

Neutron

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:27 PM

I'm getting Voom installed in a week and 2 days but I have to keep Directv for 2 main reasons. Lifetime and the DVR. I'm hoping that once Voom gets both I can ditch Directv. I have a wife who is very addicted to Lifetime (the man hater channel).
D* subscriber 3/04 on
E* subscriber 7/02 to 3/04

Arcade Caretaker at Satelliteguys.us

#15 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

There is nothing wrong with having SD channels on voom there is by no means enough HD content to watch out there. sci fi and hgtv lifetime and disney are very good channels and i really want to see them on here. i would love to see some of the old disney movies like shaggy dog and escape from witch mountian and absent minded professer those all would be such great shows to see in HD. Sd is still good most of the HD programming on voom now is not that great anyway it just repeats itself over and over. travel channel in HD that would be something awesome to have

Protected By... spam firewall...And...