Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Update: 1st Shipments pushed back a few days

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 920 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:41 PM

Here is an update from the the Tivo Comun form.

It is an Email from the ValueEltronics Tivo deal that has about 1,000 on pre order with deposits.

He claims to have a confirmation of 168 being shipped today with many more going out in 1-2 weeks.

Posted by dalepm

=============================================
Hello my very dear friends!

As of this moment it looks like shipping of this first allocation is imminent. We have received repeated assurances of firm availability of this precious initial inventory for shipment. Regrettably, and perhaps understandably for a brand new product, we've encountered a couple of slipped days but have now been assured that this inventory is now enroute to our distribution point and we have every expectation of getting a final update by late tomorrow. We thus are assured we will know the exact shipping date at that point. My present, real-time understanding is that our shipments will commence sometime between this Friday, April 9th and Wednesday April, 14th. Remember as you read this, NOBODY will be shipped before you and, in fact, no one will receive this product until several weeks after you.

Unfortunately, however, the first production is only 168 units, not the 200 we had originally been assured. Therefore, to be as fair as possible, we are only shipping one HR10-250 to everyone who ordered, hence, if you ordered two (or more) HD DVRs you will only receive one from this allocation. We will ship your 2nd or 3rd unit from our second allocation within the next two weeks. By shipping just one unit to each of the first 200 forum members we can deliver more members which seems fairest to us. Hope and expect you agree.

If all goes according to plan, my next correspondence will have your tracking number so you will know exactly when you are getting your unit. I'll make every effort to notify you a day in advance for those of you that may want to adjust your work schedules accordingly!

Many thanks again for your patience and your business. Best wishes to each of you and please accept our sincere best wishes during this holiday season. Most importantly, enjoy your DIRECTV HD DVR!

Warmest regards,

Robert Zohn

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobJ2004

BobJ2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:42 AM

Looks more like its 175.

Pasted from the same place as quoted above except from the actual DTV Tivo Dealer.
========================================

1. We're delving up to #175.

2. These units we're 100% thoroughly QC'ed and DIRECTV is holding new spare replacement HR10-250's.

-Robert

#3 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:58 PM

The difference should be the number of people within the first 168 who had ordered more than one unit, as he did say they were going to ship the first 168 units out to the first orders, but only one to each person at most, from this first shipment.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#4 OFFLINE   BobJ2004

BobJ2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:19 AM

Update:

It does not look like any have shipped yet.

Friday is a Holiday for some companies so that may mean Monday/ Tues now.

#5 OFFLINE   dfergie

dfergie

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:39 AM

this is sounding familiar...echoes of the 921 :nono2:

#6 OFFLINE   tds4182

tds4182

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

According to info provided this evening, the first batch of HD Tivos are due to ship from NY on 4/12.

No one knows the exact time of day and the last word on the # of units was app. 175.

#7 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

Hey, maybe not, perhaps they'll actually work when they get here!
:lol:

#8 OFFLINE   jpoklop

jpoklop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:04 PM

I asked about a delivery date at Best Buy today (my pre-order # is in the 300s) and the "well informed" sales associate told me the unit was not shipping yet and they would not receive any until the end of June. I mentioned that I was pretty sure that date was wrong and he said the unit was too expensive and that is why Best Buy was holding off. He was standing in front of a $4000 tv at the time.

#9 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:53 PM

LOL

#10 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:16 PM

I asked about a delivery date at Best Buy today (my pre-order # is in the 300s) and the "well informed" sales associate told me the unit was not shipping yet and they would not receive any until the end of June. I mentioned that I was pretty sure that date was wrong and he said the unit was too expensive and that is why Best Buy was holding off. He was standing in front of a $4000 tv at the time.

It's probably more a profit margin thing. ;)
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#11 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Since they don't want to sell expensive things they can give me a 50 inch plasma right? :D

spam firewall