Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bug Report: L149 - Unit locked up and rebooted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:28 AM

I was recording "24" last night on the local Fox affliate (SAT feed--not OTA). We were watching the show about 30 minutes behind real time, and after 15 minutes, the screen froze, we saw a gray screen with a small "x" in the middle and then finally the unit rebooted. This looked suspiciously like a Linux screen, so I am supposing that the computer crashed and rebooted.

The good news is that after the 6 minute reboot (can't believe it takes that long!), "24" began recording again. We missed 6 minutes of the show, however.

I was also recording "Frazier" on my NBC OTA HD affliate at the same time, and it did not resume recording when the unit powered back up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Frank Z

Frank Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:06 AM

I've experienced the exact same problem. It's happened a couple of times.
We will never forget!:flag:

#3 OFFLINE   deweybrunner

deweybrunner

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:20 AM

This happens to me every day or so. Hopefully new software will be out soon that should fix this!

#4 OFFLINE   Big D

Big D

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:57 AM

I can add that my unit has done this as well, it appears this is a global bug that effects all of us from time to time.
Big D

#5 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to the end of February; this has been happening for quite some time now and is not new to either software L147 or L149.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=24398

#6 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

Welcome to the end of February; this has been happening for quite some time now and is not new to either software L147 or L149.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=24398

Well, I'm getting this phenomenon plus the blue line cousin (red and green lines) on all SD broadcasts coming through my component cables and failure to record OTA and SAT at the same time unless the unit is powered off.

I'm trying to recall the last time I spent $1000 for something that worked this well...let me think....nope can't come up with another example!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...