Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ask Dbstalk:possible Bug, View While Recording

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:22 PM

I will be watching a live show while recording another. On occasion during a commercial I will desire to go to the show which is in the process of being recorded, and take advantage of the option to start the show being recorded from the beginning. I find that once I do that, there is no way to get out of viewing that show other than pushing the stop button on the remote. When you do that the recording stops. As a side note, if I do the same thing but select to "view live" instead of "start from the beginning" I have no problem getting out of viewing that show and allowing the recording to continue. Is this a bug? Shouldn't there be a way to stop watching a recorded program from the beginning while still in the recording mode, without ending the recording? !pride

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:25 PM

I'll try to take a look at this tonight.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   John Quaglino

John Quaglino

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:31 PM

Eagles:

I beleive this is a bug. A simple work around is to hit the previous channel button. This will return you to the live program you were watching. When you are ready to view the recorded program again, press the DVR button, select the recording, and select resume. This will pick you up where you left off.

#4 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

...Shouldn't there be a way to stop watching a recorded program from the beginning while still in the recording mode, without ending the recording? !pride

Yep. Just hit fast forward till the screen says 'Live' and you are free to navigate again. I do this all the time instead of hitting the Stop button which, of course, kills the recording in progress. :mad:

.....G

#5 OFFLINE   pdlittle

pdlittle

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

I have seen this too. It really gets messy if you are on an OTA broadcast and the DVR functions won't allow you to do anything once your viewing the channel being recorded.pdlittle

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:44 PM

Yup, this is still a bug. I'll get it reported.

In the meantime, another easy workaround is when you are watching the show that is being recorded that you can't get out of, press Channel Up or Channel Down twice. That will switch tuners, and then you'll be able to tune back to your first channel.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#7 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

It is s big problem when doing an OTA record.
I had an OTA timer fire correctly. During that time I was watching a DVR event (happens to also be same channel). WHen I finished watching DVR event before it fully stopped on its own, I pressed "stop".
Well the TIMER stopped!! I then switched to it & press manual record. HOWEVER, I could no longer use any DVR event to view. It kept displaying the must be in live mode pop up!?!?!? I could not switch to any sat channel or DVR event w\o stopping the recording. :mad: :mad: :nono2: :nono2:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...