Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTalk: Oh Where, Oh Where is SW Release L180 ?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fjerina

fjerina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

Any guess on when the next software release L150 (or whatever) is going to happen? I am getting anxious. Hope that software release will fix the following problems (as least for me):

1. Dropping off OTA channels randomly (where I have to manually re-add them).

2. Being able to record certain OTA channels that the software has problems with (e.g. the 921 not being able to handle certain information in the channel's digital stream).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:32 PM

I think they mentioned the new release was going to be L180, to add a symbolic 31 flavors to the next release... :P

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:46 PM

Soon...soon...soon...

I do have a pretty good idea, but that's all I can say right now.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#4 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

I hope the next S/W release will get rid of all the sudden reboots. It occurs for no apparent reason. I was just watching a satellite channel today and all of a sudden, the 921 rebooted? I was not recording or moving from channel to channel.

#5 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:59 AM

Reboots? Yes, a serious problem, but one which we are assured will be fixed this time around. However, I am still concerned about some of the bugs which get a little less attention. What about the inability to remove or tune digital OTA channels which have remapped channel numbers less than 2 or greater than 69?

#6 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:23 AM

If the stretch mode for SD channels isn't fixed in the next release, I'm going to hold my breath until I die (or faint, whichever comes first).

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:37 AM

Jerry, I really, really wouldn't suggest doing that...
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#8 OFFLINE   ggw2000

ggw2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

If the stretch mode for SD channels isn't fixed in the next release, I'm going to hold my breath until I die (or faint, whichever comes first).

I agree wholeheartedly on this! I wish Mark could give us some indication if this has been resolved with the next release...... :rolleyes: .

#9 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:57 AM

If he said "YES", would he be stretching the truth?

#10 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

Can I have your 921?

#11 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:42 AM

Let me put it this way...I hope that Jerry can hold his breath for a few weeks...
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#12 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:53 PM

Let me put it this way...I hope that Jerry can hold his breath for a few weeks...

Does that mean that we just shouldn't expect any new software updates anytime soon then?

#13 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:58 PM

No...it was specifically geared towards what Jerry is holding his breath over.

Remember my cryptic comment about the 2 planets aligning...
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#14 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

No...it was specifically geared towards what Jerry is holding his breath over.

Remember my cryptic comment about the 2 planets aligning...

Haven't forgotten about the planets aligning. Man, I'm still trying to figure out exactly which two planets are close to being in the same radial path with regard to some other celestial object to produce alignment. :confused: Six months ago, Mars was as close to Earth as it has been in like 60,000 years. It has since moved out of alignment, so at least we can rule out those two planets. :) It still seems like it should be earth and one of the DBS satellites. However, those DBS satellites are geo-syncronous. They are always aligned with our receivers....

Hindsight always makes things clear.....

#15 OFFLINE   MattG

MattG

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:23 PM

There's going to be a new moon and a partial solar eclipse on the 19th this month. Hopefully the 921 programmers are moving out of catastrophic bugfix mode and into new feature implementation mode by now.

#16 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:19 PM

The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth.

Only one planet on that list.

#17 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

We can always pretend everyting is aligned, and we got an update that is just peachy. No freezups, zoom and stretch work, no problems with channels without PSIP streams, and of course, OTA guide info!! Woo hoo!

#18 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:51 AM

Hey Jerry- I have now purchased one of the new flat screen TV's (HDTV of course) for my new kitchen nearing completion. I am trying to learn to love short fat people in stretch mode. :) What I did discover is that the 16x9 flat screen TV has it's own stretch modes so you leave the 921 in normal and then stretch the monitor. It has a mode like the one everyone is complaining about on the 921 as well as a proper stretch mode that is what people wish their 921 would have.
What I still fail to understand, is if the 921 get's it's stretch mode fixed as per the desired degree of stretch, then how is that better than what the monitors do on their own?

#19 OFFLINE   bytre

bytre

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:09 AM

April 16? Or 29?

#20 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:26 AM

Mark. Are you referring to L180 or the stretch mode fix? I had a feeling that L180 would be out this week. Should I hold out any hope? !pride

spam firewall