Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBStalk: Possible timer edit bug

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   anderdea

anderdea

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:21 AM

Last night I realized that I had some back to back programs set up to record. I usually lead in and out with 1 minute extra. The channels were Discovery HD and SCI-Fi. When I selected edit on any of the stored, to be recorded programs, I received a green boxed message essentially saying I couldn't edit the recording times on "Pay per View" channels. These definitely were NOT PPV channels. I had to delete the programs and set them up again to record.

Don

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:50 AM

Don, if you can replicate this, I need to know what the error number in the box is (usually in the upper right corner of the box), and exactly what the text is.

I'm assuming when you say "select edit on any of the stored, to be recorded programs" you are editing a timer from the DVR screen? Is that correct?
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   anderdea

anderdea

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:23 AM

Mark,
You asked:
"I'm assuming when you say "select edit on any of the stored, to be recorded programs" you are editing a timer from the DVR screen? Is that correct?" YES One of the select boxes.

I don't recall there being any error code at all.

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:38 AM

Every message box that pops up has a message number on it for identification. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head that the number is not in the upper right corner of the box.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#5 OFFLINE   anderdea

anderdea

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

Every message box that pops up has a message number on it for identification. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head that the number is not in the upper right corner of the box.

Mark,
I just tried it again and the following is what was in the message box.
"Information 670" at top of box

In body of box:
"You may not edit a timer that is setup for a Pay-Per-View event"

Don

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:49 PM

That's what I needed. Thanks Don. I'll try to take a look into this.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

I just want to be sure I'm doing the same thing you are Don - from the DVR screen, select one of the timers by highlighting it and pressing SEL on the remote. At that point you get the info box, right?

I am not seeing this. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's not. If I'm doing exactly what you're doing, let's see if it's fixed after the next release.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#8 OFFLINE   anderdea

anderdea

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

I just want to be sure I'm doing the same thing you are Don - from the DVR screen, select one of the timers by highlighting it and pressing SEL on the remote. At that point you get the info box, right?

I am not seeing this. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's not. If I'm doing exactly what you're doing, let's see if it's fixed after the next release.

Mark,
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, was away. On the list on programs to be recorded, (can't remember the actual step) but go to the next screen where you can select a program to be recorded which puts a little bullet in front of the selected program. Then of the buttons on the right side of the screen, select the "EDIT" button and this responds with:
"Information 670" at top of box

In body of box:
"You may not edit a timer that is setup for a Pay-Per-View event"

Don

#9 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

OK, I am definitely not getting that on mine. I just did that operation several times last night, and again several times this morning (doing testing on something else), and never saw the message box when editing my timers.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

spam firewall