Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: First recording attempt (2 sattellite channels at once)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:36 AM

I just got my 921 today, so pardon me while I start finding all the problems...

I had two satellite channel recordings set to start at 12:30pm.
At 12:30pm, I was watching a local HD channel and a dialog came up saying that PIP or something was in use should I use "main" to record the show. I said OK.

I then got a gray screen.

Now, when I look in the PVR list, I see one of the shows is recorded, (I can select and view it). The other still has a clock icon next to it and selecting it takes me to "timer management". No option to view it.

If I go to the guide and select that channel (which has the red dot next to it) I just get the gray screen again.

If I try to delete the "phantom" recording, I get a message that I have to stop it first (how do I do that?).

Any thoughts on what happened or how to get out of it?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

Congrats on getting your 921, Cheezmo. Please read the posting rules for the 921 support forum.

To address your question, one of the timers fired and recorded, the other didn't. The second one is still listed as a timer, hence why it took you to the timer management screen.

The only way out of the loop that you're in is to edit the timer that didn't fire, and change the end time to a time that is past. Then you will be able to regain control of the 2nd tuner.

This should be fixed in the next software release.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

They way I got out of it was kind of strange. I accidentally stopped the timer that did fire. At that point, the red dot appeared on the one that hadn't and it appeared to be recording. I just stopped and deleted them both, here's hoping I don't get into that again.

Do you know what the scenario was that put me in that mode? It sounds to me like if you are watching OTA when it needs to start a second Satellite recording, it gets into this state. That would imply to me that you need to leave it viewing a Satellite channel if you leave the room. (Or would I get in the same state if it was left on a Satellite channel and an OTA timer tried to fire).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...