Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bug Report: L149 OTA timer doesn't fire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

I'm 0 for 2 on OTA timers.

In this case I was watching 5-1 live from 8-8:59 (Apprentice). About 50 minutes into the show I paused.

There was a manual record set to record ER from 8:59 - 10:00. I checked at 8:57 or so and the little timer icon was flashing.

But, at 9:02, there is no indication that the timer started recording. It is still listed as a future event in the PVR screen.

I assume someone actually has had an OTA timer work? Any suggestions as to what I might try to get one to work?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Bogney

Bogney

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:45 PM

I assume someone actually has had an OTA timer work? Any suggestions as to what I might try to get one to work?

1. Set the offset times to zeros instead of the default 1 and 3.
2. Leave the 921 showing a live satellite channel instead of an OTA channel.
3. Do not have a satellite channel recording when the OTA timer activates.

#3 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:38 PM

Yes, that worked.

I didn't 0 out the offset times, but I did tune to a satellite channel (and turned off the 921 for good measure). Sure enough I did get one to fire off.

#4 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:28 AM

Yes, that worked.

I didn't 0 out the offset times, but I did tune to a satellite channel (and turned off the 921 for good measure). Sure enough I did get one to fire off.

With the 921 powered off, I can usually get an OTA and a sat recording to go at the same time. (But, who wants to keep their unit off all the time? :nono: )

Protected By... spam firewall...And...