Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ask Dbstalk:dish Support For 921?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:36 AM

Does Dish have an SOP for following up on 921 related issues? As I posted in the "CONCERN WITH REPLACEMENT 921" thread, I had alot of difficulty with the initial reboot of my replacement 921. (Received on 03/30/04) As far as Dish knew, I was never able to get the unit to start up. Dish CSR told me the unit was defective, and I would get a call from an engineer within 72 hours as he does not have the authority to RA the unit. After hanging up, I finally got the unit to fire up with a hard reboot.(Unknown to Dish) A week and a half later on 04/09/04 I noticed the "THIN BLUE LINE" appear. I called Dish about this, and once again was told this information would be passed on to an engineer who was familiar with the 921 and I would be receiving a call within 72 hours. Before hanging up I mentioned the callback I never received from my 03/30/04 trouble call. I told the CSR I got the unit working, so I never followed up on the lack support. She apologized and said she would look into it. Come Monday evening, 04/12/04 still no call. Called Dish back. Given the same line(Engineer will contact) with an apology. At that point I asked if Dish actually has a policy in place to ensure that customers with these type of problems actually get contacted? Unable to answer. Wednesday 04/14/04 still no call. FUSTRATED!

!pride

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   fisherman

fisherman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

I had the same issue getting mine replaced. Ask to speak to a supervisor, who then has the capacity to escalate you to the executive support team, who then can get you to the executive returns team. Doubt you can ask for the groups directly once you are talking to a supervisor, but the executive-level teams were able to solve my problems.

My understanding is that the tech support group fires off an email to the "special 921 team" distribution list. There is no tracking of cases, and no guarantee that one person from the special team will pick up the email. And they certainly don't call back.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...