Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WWE RAW?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 07:19 PM

The World Wrestling Federation (WWF) today changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

For some reason WWE does not have the same ring as the WWF did.

Its funny Jim Ross keeps forgetting about the new name, he has called the WWE the WWF a few times so far.

I dont know why I didnt go to the RAW show live, I could have got in for free, the Hartford Civic Center is located directly across the street from where I work.

Maybe I will go the next time they are in town, I am not sure who these WWE guys are. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:22 PM

According to a thread on DVD talk, the WWF was losing a case regarding the World Wildlife Foundation over the initials.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:39 PM

The WWF could have easily given the World Wildlife Foundation a nice 10 million dollar donation and kept the WWF initials.

The WWF (wrestling) is (well now was) a brand name, if you ask anyone to name a wrestling company everyone will answer WWF.

Dumb move I think.

#4 OFFLINE   Brian Rector

Brian Rector

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 09:24 PM

Not only did Jim Ross mention WWF a few times, but he also wore tonight a shirt that had the old WWF logo on it.

#5 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 07:08 PM

What a joke. There's no way that "WWE" will replace "WWF" in everyone's minds.

#6 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 09 May 2002 - 07:26 AM

And the WWF is STILL complaining that WWE sounds too much like their company. I don't think a donation would help at all because these tree huggers want to be as FAR away from wrestling as they possibly can. I'm not insulting nature and animal people, but they are the Reverend Al Sharpton of the company world.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#7 OFFLINE   jlvideo

jlvideo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 07:04 PM

Well it's now official. ECW,WCW,and now WWF are no more. You can say it's WWE,but's all 3 groups into 1 now. They(vince & co) had to spend more money again to change every thing including tv shows names,banners,shirts,advertising of the new name. They could spent the extra money so they could have kept the wwf name. What a waste for vince & j.r.. It really doesn't matter thir shows are not as exciting as they were,with no real competiton either. There's a new ppv tv coming 6/19 and it's NWA: "total nonstop action" every wednesday on indemand and satellite.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...