Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bullet Point Update- HD Tivo shipment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 920 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:16 AM

Some have called Value Electronics today (Its almost been a week since we had confirmed details from them).

One talked to Wendy and She said

She expects to complete shipment to the first 350 people on Thursday!!

Someone else talked to Robert and he said that there will be Pallets in by the end of May.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 920 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:27 AM

JlucPicard,

Many retailers are saying that have Hundreds on order if not Thousands on order.
This does not mean much as Direct TV will only ship them what they HAVE and what they think is fair, based on how many pre-orders they have and when they pre-ordered. The factory is not making them very fast.

I will call around to different retailers, and pick the one you trust the most.
Also ask them how many pre-orders they already have. A place like Value Electronics who many already have over 1,000 Pre-orders may have a hard time filling all of them by the end of May.

I know of some smaller Two chain retailer who is also trying to get some. Just like with the Dishnetwork 921, they might see a couple in stock soon for some of the small guys.

Its hard to predict as it is with any Hot new product release.

If you have some that require no money down or that have refund options you can do like some, and have more than one Pre-Order.

My best guess for this late in the game is to go with a Super Store like Best Buy, Good Guys, Circuit City ect. . . as they have the Buying power to demand things and bargin things like End Cap displays and weekly ad space.

Good luck in your hunt, this thread is designed to help everyone find one faster, so if you find a good place, please post it here.

#23 OFFLINE   dfergie

dfergie

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:10 AM

I gave up waiting on it, and got a htpc yesterday... will get one this summer when hopefully they will be in good supply. I like the idea of being able to look at something before I buy.

#24 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:46 PM

At the risk of being chased off this board, I am OK having to wait a few weeks to get the HR10-250. My question is, I cannot pre-order through Best Buy's web site (Coming Soon) and am looking to order through Value Electronics. Is the general feeling that I am almost assured a unit by mid- to late-May if I go that route?

If you ordered today from Value Electronics, you probably should not expect it before mid-June. You might get it before then, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's hard to say if any will make it to stores till late May; it seems pre-orders at least at the bigger chain stores are going to suck up their units initially. Finding a few smaller retailers and letting them know of your interest might be better; or getting a couple cancellable pre-orders in at different retails; or both.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#25 OFFLINE   Bleeding Edge

Bleeding Edge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:44 PM

04/27/04

- Weakness.com is now trying to over charge people, asking for $1,299. Theres are due in by May 6th.

I would rather wait until eternity than be gouged by these slimes! I can understand an individual marking up the price on eBay for a 1 time sale, but not a supposedly legitimate business. This is just plain greed and a really lousy attitude toward their customers. Makes one wonder about their return policy, restocking fees. etc.

#26 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:54 PM

Solid Signal reported just having received a shipment today. "Far fewer than expected." They're going to get all the overnight shipping orders out first, and the ground shipping orders out tomorrow.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#27 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 920 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:16 PM

I will be on Vacation for the next week so if someone could start a new bullet point list after this post, that would be great.

=======================================
END OF APRILS Bullet Point Updates for HD Tivo Tracking
=======================================

#28 OFFLINE   jerrykco

jerrykco

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:56 PM

Anyone heard about Rapid Satellite http://www.rapidsate...om/default.aspx ?

They have the HD Tivo in stock and no waiting list.

#29 OFFLINE   dswallow

dswallow

Godfather

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:26 PM

Anyone heard about Rapid Satellite http://www.rapidsate...om/default.aspx ?

They have the HD Tivo in stock and no waiting list.

Except it turns out they didn't. Or maybe they only had a few. Or maybe they're just getting them in. It depends on who you spoke to. Typical Rapid Satellite behavior, really.
Doug Swallow
doug@2150.com

#30 OFFLINE   uwahusky

uwahusky

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

www.americansatellite.com report to me on Saturday that they will be receiving a small shipment in this week (May 3 - May 7) and that they will fill their pre-orders then.

spam firewall