Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

VOOM Footprint Map

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doggfather

Doggfather

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:02 PM

Has anyone come across a voom footprint map? If so, could they Pleezzzz send it to me or better yet pust the url in here? I would love to see this to ensure I can get voom where I am. I spent half a day looking for one but had no luck thus far! :mad:

-Doggfather

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kevision

kevision

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

I'm not aware of a footprint map for VOOM either. But you can go to Lyngsat and play with the SatTracker for Rainbow 1 http://www.lyngsat.c...ker/rain1.shtml
while not the actual transmission footprint (which is simply 'conus'), you can at least get an idea if you can see the sat.
where are you located?

#3 ONLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,279 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:07 AM

Doggfather, what is your location? (You can add your location to your member profile in the Control Panel.)

Welcome to DBSTalk.com :wave:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 OFFLINE   Doggfather

Doggfather

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

Doggfather, what is your location? (You can add your location to your member profile in the Control Panel.)

Welcome to DBSTalk.com :wave:

I added my location in now. I can see 61.5 dish just fone off of old ass echo 3. However, I am unsure of voom as they are trying to see as much of the west as they can... 61.5 is overhead from me just about as i am at 64 west... Anyways, i see so much about how bad the signal is in the forumns that I was wondering if there was any footprint map available out there.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...